Fat Joe leaves Atlantic, prepares new album

Fat Joe Splits Atlantic, Preps New Album
July 27, 2006, 10:30 AM ET
Clover Hope, N.Y.
Fat Joe has parted ways with Atlantic and set an Oct. 17 release for his seventh solo album, "Me Myself & I." The set will be issued independently via his own label, Terror Squad. It features collaborations with the Game and Lil Wayne and production from Scott Storch, the Runners and DJ Khaled, among others.

The first single is the Runners-produced "Clap & Revolve." Fat Joe describes the new offering as his most personal to date. "I just started writing on my own and made the album I truly wanted to make," the Bronx rapper tells Billboard.com, adding that he opened up about his life in a way he previously hasn't.

"Me Myself & I" will be the follow-up to Fat Joe's 2005 Terror Squad/Atlantic disc "All or Nothing," which bowed at No. 6 on The Billboard 200 and has sold 293,000 copies in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

Fat Joe will kick off his first European tour Friday (July 28) in Portugal, with dates in Switzerland, France, Germany and Spain to follow. The tour wraps up Aug. 8 in Oslo.

source: billboard.com
Another 'big name' goes independent...

FroDawgg

^^^he just started writing on his own? if his last "hits" weren't even HIS OWN crappy lyrics, i can't wait to see how bad his own are.

I've just been listening to Clap and Revole and realised how much it sounds suspiciously like Hustlin'. Either Storch has been up to his old tricks again or he needs to beef up his security.

Hustlin' v.2 is far superior btw.

He needs to stop putting out such wack music. He'll be more respected if he retired years ago but he fail into mainstream net. But, if he retire in the following years then fiddy will be 'i ended your career'. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.