Fat Joe Denies $150,000 Tax Bill

Rahim

VIP Member
Staff member
Rapper Fat Joe has denied reports he owes the U.S government $150,000 in taxes.

The heavyweight hip-hop star and his company Terror Squad Productions were accused of owing the New Jersey Treasury over $70,000 in back taxes - a total liability of close to $150,000 - in various media reports on Thursday.

His name also appeared on the list as an officer of Terror Squad Productions, with balances dated September 2007.

But the star - real name Joseph Antonio Cartagena - denies he owes the cash.

He tells AllHipHop.com, "I definitely pay my taxes. I'm straight up with it.

"The first thing I ever learned in the entertainment business is you gotta pay the IRS. First thing. Before I take a dollar, before I buy me a bag of potato chips, I pay those people.

"I been in the game twelve years, I've never had no accusations of owing nobody, or owing taxes or nothing like that. Where does this come from?"

Cartagena 's longtime accountant, Brian Dittrich, said that he is investigating the report.

He adds, "I've represented Joe in matters of taxation for close to 12 years. It is my understanding that Joe is current with all federal and state taxes and that there are no balances due."

Source: World Entertainment News Network

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.