False Hasselhoff rumours circulate again

False rumours that the amusing cultural icon David Hasselhoff will be releasing a hip-hop album have been circulating like wildfire in the last forty-eight hours.

The story reads that Ice-T will produce an album for the legendary Knight Rider and Baywatch star, who will be renamed as ‘MC Hassel The Hoff’.

The story also includes a quote supposedly from Ice-T which reads, "The man is a legend and we are going to show a whole new side of him. The Hoff will surprise people with his rap skills and humour."

It seems certain that the only association hip-hop will have with The Hoff is through various interpolations of the Knight Rider beat, as this story was originally printed by UK tabloid The Sun in 2004.

Not long after the story dropped two years ago, Ice-T released a long statement vehemently denying the report:

"It's a total lie. It's absolutely not true. Basically, I was doing an interview with one of these newspaper cats and the guy said, 'I bet you could make anybody rap.' I said, 'For enough money I could make anybody rap.'"

"He said, 'Could you make David Hasselhoff rap?' I said, 'For $5 million I would sign David Hasselhoff to my label.' And the guy said, 'Well, what would his name be?' And I'm like, 'HASSEL THE HOFF!'”

"The next thing you know I read all in the press that I'm actually doing this album with him. I read in the National Enquirer quotes out of my mouth. It's scary when you read quotes - when you actually see something you didn't say inside quotes. They just make it straight up out of nowhere.”

Ironically, the bi-annual gap has only ensured the inclusion of further exaggerations, with certain news outlets including details such as, “The pair are neighbours in Los Angeles and are said to have struck up a close friendship.”

Several news organisations from around the world have re-published the story in both online and print forms.

Although it is difficult to establish where the story was originally rehashed, I believe the initial reprint came from an Irish newspaper. However the origin is still unconfirmed, as my inquires to the paper have gone unanswered.

Nick

This is the exact same rumour that was going around before, I felt like I'd slipped into a time warp as I read that article.

ArtsyGirl

Thank-God thats fake, now I can rest easy. And if Ice had said he'd do the album, I just would be in shock right now.. Phew!!

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.