Fabolous shooting caught on surveillance equipment; album release date moved up

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
The New York Daily News is reporting that police have linked the New York shooting of Fabolous last week to an incident moments earlier in which Boston Celtics basketball player Sebastian Telfair was robbed.

Police tell the newspaper that surveillance video shows a friend of Fabolous snatching a $50,000 chain from Telfair as another of the rapper’s friends watched. Both friends then went into the restaurant Justin's, owned by mogul Sean "Diddy" Combs, where they allegedly joined Fabolous and other friends.

Later, surveillance footage shows Telfair making a phone call shortly after his chain was taken. About 20 minutes later, a gunman appeared and fired at least 10 shots in a nearby parking lot. No shell casings were found in the parking lot. The gunman was shown leaving the scene in a gray car.

Fabolous, born John Jackson in Brooklyn, was struck once in the thigh and was being rushed to the hospital by his three companions when the rapper’s 2005 Dodge Magnum was pulled over by police after running a red light. During a search of the vehicle, police discovered two loaded guns - a .40 caliber and a defaced .380.

All four men – including Rascharm Davis, 29, Percell German, 23 and Kevin Bass, 18 – were charged Wednesday (Oct. 18) with multiple weapons violations. Fabolous posted $15,000 bail and is due back in court Friday to answer the charges.

Telfair, also from Brooklyn, has denied through his lawyer Ed Hayes that he has any involvement in the Fabolous shooting.

"The [security] tape completely supports everything my client said happened that night," Hayes told the Daily News. "He's a lovely young man. It was outrageous what these punks did, and he will press charges."

Fabolous and his three friends were placed in a police lineup on Tuesday, but Telfair failed to identify the man who robbed him.

Meanwhile, Def Jam has announced that it has moved up the release date of Fab’s new album. The rapper recently told MTV Radio that he wanted his disc to drop in February because a number of releases are due during the holiday season. But the label, according to MTV, has decided to fast-track the LP for release on Dec. 26 in the wake of his recent shooting and arrest.

"The album is called ‘From Nothing to Something,’” Fabolous told MTV on the VH1 Hip-Hop Honors red carpet earlier this month. "That's the movement we going with, man. For everybody that's trying to turn nothing into something, we're trying to make motivational music for them. Every song is hot on the album. A standout record is a record me and Akon did called 'Change Up.' It's about getting your money, and certain people think you change but it's not always you. Your income changed, but you didn't change as a person."

ArtsyGirl

PuffnScruff said:
lmao at the release date being moved up , good move on the labels part:thumb:
:laugh: Yeah they couldnt dream of better promotion than this. I wonder if this will make Fab famous enuff for him to fill a club in Adelaide?

i don't know where this reporting came from but this is BULLSHIT, fab will not 'press charges' and their IS no surveillance where you are able to see who did what......please believe

i don't know where this reporting came from but this is BULLSHIT, fab will not 'press charges' and their IS no surveillance where you are able to see who did what......please believe

why do people do stupid shit like shoot at rich people? you know there are gonna be cam's in a parkin garage... thats bout as dumb as the ppl sayin this is a conspiracy theory

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.