Exclusive Phraze Interview

HIPHOPisHERE.com caught up with rapper Phraze, who is about to release his debut album, for an exclusive interview.

Phraze’s debut album, Struggle N Strivin’, will be released as a digital download on November 20th. The real cd will be available in stores on January 1st, 2010.

In this interview we talk to Phraze about who he is and where he is from, the meaning of his name, his debut album, and more. Read the whole interview below.

HHiH: What up, Phraze? How’s everything going?

Phraze: Whats good, im good, just pushing forward the best way I can.

HHiH: Let’s start from the ground and get people to know who you are. Who are you and where are you from?

Phraze: My name is Ricky Mainda, I’m from this little town called Berrien Springs, in Michigan

HHiH. For how long have you been rapping? When you first started rapping, who were your main influences?

Phraze: I’ve been rapping since I was around 12 years old, but never pictured myself taking it to this level, as far as being serious with it. My main influences in rap growing up were, Big L, 2Pac, Eazy Big, Snoop, and so on, because they were real with it, and took shit from nobody.

HHiH: Why did you you pick the name Phraze?

Phraze: Growing up I was good coming with phrases, so I was brainstorming on name that would fit me for who I was, and wasn’t a common name, so I got Phraze.

HHiH: Let’s move on to Struggle N Striving’, which is your debut album. Tell us a little about what we can expect from the album. What kind of rap will we get to hear on it?

Phraze: Struggle N Strivin’ is an album about pain, struggle, rage, success, and peace, although the album is not a piece of my shoes that I’ve walked, and has exaggeration in it, I know there’s people out there that are stuck in that bubble, and I’m their voice. People may wonder why my first album is this deep, but it’s to open up eyes, and change to the current music.

HHiH: The album will be released tomorrow (November 20th) as a digital download, through Diamond Embassy Musik Records. Why should people buy it?

Phraze: So they could get a clear understanding to what goes on out there, and to know that, after they leave the club, they go back to their everyday lives, just as music, you have the club music, and this album brings the everyday life music.

HHiH: What does the name “Struggle N Strivin’” mean to you?

Phraze: It means to me as it is written, struggling and striving for a better life, a better way.

HHiH: Where will people be able to buy a copy of the album?

Phraze: People can buy the album from the label’s website on MP3 download. It’s cd release date is 1st of January 2010, it’s also going to be sold on all good music websites like Itunes and Emusic.

HHiH: As far as singles and videos. Will there be any from the album?

Phraze: Yes, the single’s and video will be out between 10th and 17th of December.

HHiH: Do you have any live shows booked to promote the album?

Phraze: There is a show which is in the pipeline for 6th of February 2010, which will be in Guernsey (Channel Islands), there is also a USA and Europe tours in the future.

HHiH: That was all the questions I had for you this time. If there’s anything you want to say to those who are reading this, here’s your chance to speak.

Phraze: Yes. Thank you for having this interview with me and buy the album! Ease the stress on your mind, my future albums won’t be as deep, I promise lol, show me the love, as I will show it right back. God bless each and everyone of you.

Source: Phraze Interview | HIPHOPisHERE.com

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.