Evel Knievel sues Kanye West

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
For 68-year-old Evel Knievel’s next stunt, he will attempt to win a lawsuit against rapper Kanye West for biting his persona in his extravagant video for "Touch the Sky."

Filed Monday in a Tampa, Fla. federal court, the lawsuit from Robert Craig Knievel claims that West’s Evel Kanyevel character in the video is an "infringement on his trademark name and likeness."

He also claims the "vulgar and offensive" images depicted in the video – including a kiss with Pamela Anderson and an attempt to jump a rocket-powered motorcycle over a canyon that results in a fiery crash – has damaged his reputation.

"That video that Kanye West put out is the most worthless piece of crap I've ever seen in my life, and he uses my image to catapult himself on the public," the ailing daredevil told AP Tuesday.

In the video, West wears the infamous Knievel star-studded jumpsuit and uses a motorcycle "visually indistinguishable" from the one Knievel used in his failed attempt to jump the Snake River Canyon in Idaho in 1974, the lawsuit said.

Knievel also takes issue with the scenes involving Anderson, who plays West’s girlfriend. He says the clip contains “vulgar and offensive sexual images, language and conduct involving `Evel Kanyevel' and women apparently trying to gain his sexual interest," according to the lawsuit.

"The guy just went too far using me to promote his filth to the world," said Knievel, who lives in Clearwater, Fla. and has been in poor health in recent years, according to AP. "I'm not in any way that kind of a person."

The lawsuit, which seeks damages and a halt to the video’s distribution, also names Roc-A-Fella Records, video director Chris Milk and AOL for distributing it.

Prize Gotti

Boots N Cats
Staff member
promote his filth? Has he ever listened to a kanye west song? Some one needs to send this guy a copy of jesus walks, through the wire, all falls down and shit even a copy of touch the sky.

truth is knievel is broke and needs some cash to feed is drug habit.

ArtsyGirl

He says the clip contains “vulgar and offensive sexual images, language and conduct involving `Evel Kanyevel' and women apparently trying to gain his sexual interest," according to the lawsuit.
It was a kiss, nothing vulgar or offensive about it haha I knew the video was based on his "daredevil" shit but all that other stuff I just figured was something Kanye put on there, by filing this suit he's made me aware he was a womaniser more than Kanye did, he should sue himself.. The song is positive.

Pittsey said:
He also claims the "vulgar and offensive" images depicted in the video – including a kiss with Pamela Anderson and an attempt to jump a rocket-powered motorcycle over a canyon that results in a fiery crash – has damaged his reputation.
:angry: what a dick. why is her kissing him offensive? cuz a black dude is kissing a white chick? Knievel makes white people look bad doing shit like this. He prolly hasnt made money in a while so he wants to steal some from someone else. Dickhead :fury:

S. Fourteen

samtarin said:
:angry: what a dick. why is her kissing him offensive? cuz a black dude is kissing a white chick? Knievel makes white people look bad doing shit like this. He prolly hasnt made money in a while so he wants to steal some from someone else. Dickhead :fury:
Yeah, Kanye is making black people look bad and Knievel is making white people look bad. :fury: Paint yourself pink. Most videos on TV are a bunch of crap. I will move on.

Prize Gotti said:
promote his filth? Has he ever listened to a kanye west song? Some one needs to send this guy a copy of jesus walks, through the wire, all falls down and shit even a copy of touch the sky.

truth is knievel is broke and needs some cash to feed is drug habit.
owned

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.