Eve links up with Swizz Beatz

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Eve has joined the camp of producer Swizz Beatz as a new artist on his label Full Surface.

The imprint, which previously operated under J Records, has moved to Interscope.

Eve was signed to Dr. Dre's Aftermath label after splitting with Ruff Ryders following the 2002 release of Eve-olution. A new album, with production by Dre and Scott Storch, is due in the fourth quarter of 2006.

Many people still think that Aftermath/Interscope is so invincible maschine. They don't realize that Aftermath also had a chances to make something great with Rakim, Ice Cube & Eve but they failed. In my opinion, they won't do anything special with Busta Rhymes either. It's seems that people don't look upon their failures seriously.
All that talk about Eminem and 50... I'm so tired of hearing stories about their sucess. Both are too overated. And, why the fans wait so long for Detox? A lot of procuders now have better shape than Dre. The truth is that they control media (or at least have major influence) so they still have big sales but the quality (except in The Game's case) mostly lives elsewhere.
Dre discoverd Eve? So what? I'm glad to see her teaming again with Swizz and making music that she became recognizable of.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
troublesome2004 said:
Many people still think that Aftermath/Interscope is so invincible maschine. They don't realize that Aftermath also had a chances to make something great with Rakim, Ice Cube & Eve but they failed. In my opinion, they won't do anything special with Busta Rhymes either. It's seems that people don't look upon their failures seriously.
All that talk about Eminem and 50... I'm so tired of hearing stories about their sucess. Both are too overated. And, why the fans wait so long for Detox? A lot of procuders now have better shape than Dre. The truth is that they control media (or at least have major influence) so they still have big sales but the quality (except in The Game's case) mostly lives elsewhere.
Dre discoverd Eve? So what? I'm glad to see her teaming again with Swizz and making music that she became recognizable of.
Swizz' label is now signed with Interscope. Aftermath and Full Surface are now affiliated. Eve is still signed with Dre.

Pittsey said:
Swizz' label is now signed with Interscope. Aftermath and Full Surface are now affiliated. Eve is still signed with Dre.
So, they all eat from the same tree? I presumed that things will be like this. Anyway, thanks for clearance.
I hope that Eve won't fall in a trap to make too comercial music. After I heard her collabos with Gwen Stefani in the past years and Swizz recent projects, I'm not sure in which way she'll go.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.