Epademik Is Addicted To The Grind

OC rapper Epademik is getting ready to release his Hoopla/Universal debut album, Addicted To The Grind. The album, which is described by Ep himself as “a really good fucking project,” does not have a set release date yet, but look out for it in the beginning of 2010.

The lead single, “I’m An Addict,” is expected to drop in roughly two months. A video for the single has already been shot.

HIPHOPisHERE.com caught up with Epademik for an exclusive interview where we talked about the upcoming album.

HHiH: How’s it going Ep?

Epademik: I’m doing great. Keepin busy as usual. What’s good?

HHiH: Everything’s great here! Your album Addicted To The Grind will be released through Hoopla/Universal soon. What can you tell us about the album?

Epademik: It’s a really good fucking project. I mean even the Grammy Award winning mixing and mastering engineer icon known as Bobby Brooks said he hasn’t heard a hip hop project this good in a long, long time. If that doesn’t count for something then I don’t know what would! The sound is so BIG it’s ridiculous. It has substance and a concept. When Chad Kiser (Hoopla/Universal) heard it he immediately called me up and was like, “Whoah, we got something great with this project!” The hand full of people who have heard the project have had nothing but positive things to say about it. The multi-platinum publicist Jon Hay is heavily involved with this project so you know it’s official.

HHiH: Does it have a confirmed release date yet?

Epademik: The date has been pushed back a few times already but I can assure you that the beginning of 2010 will be a fair estimation for an actual release date. The single is already picked. Artwork has been completed. It’s in full motion.

HHiH: What producers do you have on the album? Or are you producing it yourself?

Epademik: Dr. Dre, Timbaland, Just Blaze, Alchemist… not really, I’m just fucking with you. Lol I have production from Serf Show (G Malone, Snoop, Dogg Pound), Steve Dang (Kottonmouth Kings, RBX, Baby Bash) and I even got a track from DJ Arkane (Shadyville DJ). The quality of sound is really incredible.

HHiH: What does the title Addicted To The Grind mean?

Epademik: The title is basically describing the inner drive of getting my music to the world. I’m an addict to my music. I can never get enough of it. To be successful in this music industry you have to truly be addicted to your grind.

HHiH: I got the pleasure to hear the first single “I’m An Addict.” This is a dope track that I’m sure will blow a lot of people’s minds away. Is this what we can expect the rest of the album to be like?

Epademik: For sure! The sound of this album is so melodic and bumping… it’s gonna make people pay attention. I spent a lot of time on getting the right production together and even longer mixing each song as close to perfection as I could. I really wanted to create something fresh and new.

HHiH: Why did you pick this as the first single?

Epademik: Actually I put all the titles on seperate pieces of paper in a sweaty shoe and picked with my eyes shut and intoxicated of vodka. LOL.. It just made sense for the first single to introduce myself and the whole concept to the world be “I’m An Addict.” Believe me we had a real difficult time trying to pick the jumpoff single.

HHiH: When will the single be released to the public?

Epademik: Approximately 8 weeks… paperwork has to go through first. All of that is already in motion. Gotta have the business aspect handled first.

HHiH: Are you shooting a video for it?

Epademik: Just shot the video last week in Laguna Beach. I know your thinking to yourself, “Laguna Beach? That’s not gangsta at all!” Well if I was a “Gangsta Rapper” then that would’ve been a fucking problem, but I’m not. Besides I stay in South Orange County so this is my stomping grounds besides how would it look if I shot my first major video in the “Hood” or some shit. That would be a major fail.

HHiH: What’s the video going to be like? I’m guessing it won’t be just a generic hip hop video with girls all over you, luxury cars, and money thrown around?

Epademik: No doubt, all that false bullshit these artists be pushin on the audience is lies. I’m really focusing on portraying some real life shit that everybody can relate to, besides the economy is really fucked right now and ain’t nobody flossin out no more. I dont own a lambo, I’m not a millionaire and I don’t throw money around like its nothing. I’m like every other artist out here, grinding to make something out of nothing, you feel me?

HHiH: Yeah, definitely. I don’t know how much you can tell me about this but I’ve heard that you’re releasing this album in a very unique way?

Epademik: Yeah.. I can’t really speak on it too much but I can tell you it’s gonna be really dope how Hoopla/Universal Music Group is releasing my product. I can say this much… stay posted to Epademik.com - Official website for Epademik Emcee Esq and as soon as I get the green light I will let the world know.

HHiH: Do you have a tour planned to promote the album?

Epademik: Promo touring is all in the works right now.

HHiH: That was all the questions I had for you. Is there anything you want to say to those who are reading this?

Epademik: You know I always got one more thing to say! Lol 2010 is going to be a great year for Hip Hop music especially the West Coast. I’m not here to try and take anybodies spot or some shit like that, I’m gonna continue to make my own lane like I always have. Trying to avoid as much negativity along the way as I can ’cause believe me bro it’s out there but knowing me, I’m sure I’ll end up saying some off the cuff remark and piss everybody off, again! You know people are like cattle, they like to be told what to think and do. Make sure you go and check out Epademik.com - Official website for Epademik Emcee Esq and go sign the Bill of Fights! DAMMIT! Oh yeah one last thing, books are for people who can’t think for themselves. Ha ha Ahhhhh shit. Feel free to send your hate emails and fan emails to epademik.promo@gmail.com.

[youtube]VGDzd_Gg3L0[/youtube]

Epademik Interview – “Addicted To The Grind”..Grammy Award Winning? | HIPHOPisHERE.com

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.