Encore question

I finally sat down to download Em's cd to see if it was as bad as ya'll said it was..well it sucks. Was his effort lazy because he thought anything he does will sell, or is it a case of him just not being creative anymore? Bizarres new cd has more actual content than Em's does..BIZARRE...and both of them combined could equal a whole ICP cd with their last effort..what's up with shady?

Little Skittle

fields316_2000 said:
I finally sat down to download Em's cd to see if it was as bad as ya'll said it was..well it sucks. Was his effort lazy because he thought anything he does will sell, or is it a case of him just not being creative anymore? Bizarres new cd has more actual content than Em's does..BIZARRE...and both of them combined could equal a whole ICP cd with their last effort..what's up with shady?

1) although encore is not good, it gets much more hate than it should.

2) bizarres album does not have more content than encore.

3) whats wrong with icp? great milenko is a classic album that every rap fan should own

I feel he did have tight tracks in the beginning of the album. But once Just lose it hits or the track before it the cd starts falling into the category of "WTF was he thinkin" like "Ass like that" "Just lose it" "Rain man" or "Puke" i mean i look back on Infinite, SSLP and MMLP and i'm like this dude feel off hard. The Eminem show was his most serious effort and that indeed was a tight album but with this one after track 10 the cd is unbearable IMO. I gave the album a good listen. I was feeling the beginning tracks until number 10 and i think I went up to "Spend some time" it was decent but he had a lot of filler after track 10.

First of all, I like ICP - I have all thier albums, but dont consider them to be great hip hop stars. Em's album compared to what he's done in the past is embarrassing. Try imagining some other rapper repeating the choirus to 'rain man' like Jay z, or Nelly or anyone..and they would be laughed out of a recording studio..

FroDawgg

a lot of people are saying that encore is a bad album based on what they hear from others, and that is swaying their own opinion (even though if that's how you feel about the album, that's cool--nothing wrong with that). i, on the otherhand, do like the album alot (not just cuz i'm a fan, but i think it's quality). like XxNastyNasQBxX said, most of the good tracks are at the beginning (nonstop 2-7), but there are some good ones on the second half, too. once again, i'm not saying this just cuz i'm a fan...i actually believe this is better than alot of the shit out there today, and would rather hear a bad eminem song like "rainman" than a "good" song by people like young jeezy or lil scrappy.

Wow that is an excellent point..most of eminem's worst songs are better than 99% of the best songs out now..but does this mean that he's actually done with the charactor slim shady since he 'killed' himself at the end of the cd?

tHuG $TyLe

Staff member
Encore wasn't as bad as people make out, some songs on their were good like
Toy Soldiers
Yellow Brick Road
Mosh
Spend some time
Mockingbird
Never Enough

_carmi

me, myself & us
yeah the beginning of the cd is good... but then the 2nd part sucks a lot.

the cd itself aint that bad. but its when u compare it to his previous cds that u say thats its awful and that u hate on it. that cd got more hate then it deserved.

It's not a bad album, it's still better than most rap out there, it's just that it was well below my expectations. Or maybe it's because Eminem produced more tracks than usual.

FroDawgg said:
^^^or any track by mike jones :)

^^WHO????Sorry,couldn't resist.He is garbage though.If you want a cd that is serious,then Encore for the most part isn't what you are looking for.The few serious one's weren't great to me,Mockingbird being an exception.If you like fun albums with humor,yes Encore is great.Which is what I say about ICP,they are a fun group to listen to,but if I wanna hear something that I can relate to or something that moves me,ICP is not a cd I put in.

Little Skittle said:
have you ever heard it? kuz im a hip hop head and have always considered this cd amazing
i've heard it
nothin special dat every one should own it icp is a joke 2 the rap game.don't take there style and lyrics 2 serious.str8 gimmick i mean come on you a hiphop head right?,so you take these niccaz serious when they was some funky ass wrestlers?i rather listen to fresh prince summertime all summer but if you like them i aint gonna knock dat.not harsh words jus the sayin :thumb:

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.