Eminems song "fack"

_carmi

me, myself & us
GhettoStar said:
I had hope after hearing "When Im Gone", my theory: left off track off of Encore lets hope this isnt a "new" song. Wow he really has lost it has he, the fame and hope of millions (cuz lets face it he is that great hope for some hip-hop fans) is being wasted. He pulling a Chapelle on us, teased us with good stuff and now is flaking out.
yeah:(

DPG iz all I C said:
Its terrible, what a waste of talent.
I agree. Why can't someone ask him "Why do you release bullshit songs, when we all know you can make quality music?". Most of the time these interviewers suck his dick and ask bullshit questions. We need someone to ask him why he does this. I cannot see how Dre or anyone else in Shady/Aftermath can think this song is good.

eminem use to be nice but has always been over-rated by most. peeps calling him the greatest ever and shit has alywas been absurd. now he is just plain terrible with a few exceptions every now and then. peace

_carmi

me, myself & us
simo said:
I agree. Why can't someone ask him "Why do you release bullshit songs, when we all know you can make quality music?". Most of the time these interviewers suck his dick and ask bullshit questions. We need someone to ask him why he does this. I cannot see how Dre or anyone else in Shady/Aftermath can think this song is good.
i know... i was thinkin about this lately.

i am not sure on all of this, i remember when he released "mockinbird" he said it was a song he had made to leave in the vault to give to haley as a gift when she got older, but dre played it for some focal groups and they loved it so he talked em into puttin it on encore...maybe this is another song that something similar happened with, remember the artist doesn't always have a choice as to what gets released, even someone as big as em.

dedbrd said:
i am not sure on all of this, i remember when he released "mockinbird" he said it was a song he had made to leave in the vault to give to haley as a gift when she got older, but dre played it for some focal groups and they loved it so he talked em into puttin it on encore...maybe this is another song that something similar happened with, remember the artist doesn't always have a choice as to what gets released, even someone as big as em.
Actually that was "Hailie's Song".

simo said:
XXL, Jan./Feb. 2005 pages 99-101
"We Got Em Goin'"
by Jefferson Mao

XXL: When I hear "Just Lose It", I can understand why regular people like it. But it's not the song off this album that's going to speak to me as a hip-hop listener.

E: There's a certain level where you gotta follow a happy medium. I'm not gonna put out anything that I don't like or I don't stand behind, but that was just another fun song. "Mosh" was the only really serious song, with a serious mood and message, that came out of that group of songs that we did (in Florida). But you got a whole album you want to bring people to. You want as many people to hear it as possible. So if those are the tricks you gotta do to get the people to hear it, and bring them to your album...
Rap is usually based on first-week sales. Your biggest week has gotta be your first week, and then it kinda just starts declining after that. So you gotta hit 'em out the box with a single. And every now and then it doesn't have to be a "Just Lose It" or a "Real Slim Shady." "Lose Yourself" came out the box and was not one of them songs that was a cheeseball--you know what I'm sayin', meant-to-be-fun song or something like that.

XXL: But can't you take the chance of not going for that sort of single at this point? It seems like you've reached a level of success where you could put out a street single that's also your commercial single, say like a Nas "Made You Look."

E: Well, you know, we had discussions about that--me and Dre. And it's not just me running that food chain. It's not just me running the shots. I'm not always necessarily my own boss, so to speak. Between me, the label and Dre it's got to be a mutual decision. Is this gonna make a big enough impact? Do we come out with this right out the jump, come out so serious and dark to the point where people don't even know that the album's out because it ain't getting played on radio? Do you just roll the dice like that? Or do you take a song like "Just Lose It" and throw it out there for the kids and for the clubs, and know that you got something like "Mosh" to follow up behind to say, "This is what I want to say, this is my message"? I got you to listen to me, I got your ears open. Now, here's my song that's gonna make a statement. Because "Just Lose It" ain't really about nothing. Sometimes I get in them slaphappy moods where I just say anything.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I think that he is told by Jimmy Iovine and Steve Stoute and all them to put out a single that'll be played on MTV and pop radio, so that it'll sell as much as possible the "first week" and beyond. Em tells himself this is good, because more people will end up with the album in their hands, and hopefully they will turn towards the "realer" hip-hop after hearing the whole album. This is sadly not the case a lot of times. He kinda hints ^ that it's not always his decision to do it that way, but he'll do it so that he can have people listen to it. "FACK" is probably the same deal. I think in the end though he'll be remembered for the better songs (off the top of my head..."Rock Bottom", "Soldier","Stan", "Kim", "Amityville", "'Til I Collapse", "Fight Music", "Get Up", and all those good songs he produces) by the hip-hop heads.

~peace~

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.