Eminem's Last American concert

Well, I attended Em's USA ending concert tonight in Detroit. It's the first time I've ever seen him and I was really impressed. I've been to Kid Rock concerts before, and Rock only plays for about an hour or so. Eminem played for 2 straight hours tonight, and the overall concert lasted from 7pm-midnight.

Lil Jon's set was complete shit, and he proved in his 45 minute set tonight that, outside of producing, he's NOTHING MORE than a hype man.

50 and G Unit took the stage bout 8pm and played until about 930. I'm not a big fan of 50 either, but I have to admit, that guy knows how to work a crowd. The best part of his set was Banks performing "On Fire" and Buck doing "Shorty Wanna Ride". Young Buck was EXTREMELY OVER with the Detroit crowd. 50 performed most of his his hit songs, and I must say, Olivia is even 10 times more fine in person. While I think she comes off as smokin' hot on TV, TV actually doesn't do her justice. That woman knows how to fucking dance too.

The funniest part of 50's set, was when he dissed Game after he criticized Game for dissing him. Saying, "this nigga Game has a problem with ya boy 50. At all of his concerts, he's been telling his crowds to say "G U Not". Well, I just want to thank Game for promoting my name even more and making me more money. Then, in the ironic moment of the night, after 50 says Game makes him more money by dissing 50, 50 starts dissing Game for about 2 minutes, constantly repeating "Game can suck my dick" and aother various degrading remarks, before going into his first verse for Hate It Or Love It. Gotta love the irony there.

Also, 50 got real annoying when he started announcing that "the amount of money I'm getting paid for each show on this tour breaks down to me getting $3,000 for every 5 minutes I'm up here". Then, he would keep reminding the crowd "now I'm up to $18,000 tonight". Then, "by the way, I've now made $24,000 tonight". He came off as being egotistical as fuck at that point.

Eminem and proof hit the stage about 10:10 and played until exactly midnight. The video package that goes along with Em's set was exactly the same storyline that is in the Encore booklet. It came off very weird and eerie in the video. However, there were some good comedic times as well, and Em proves that he has really good comedic timing. Em came out, performed about 5 songs before Swifty McVeigh came out and that led to the rest of D12 coming out. D12 performed about 4 songs off D12 World, before Bizarre came out and did Rock Star. Then...Em came out again, played another 5 or 6 songs...went backsage, Obie came out and I was disappointed because I love Obie, I think he's very underrated, and he only did 2 songs, "Cheers" and he performed "You Don't Know" with Nate Dogg. When Nate Dogg came out, the crowd blew up as if you'd have thought 2pac came back from the grave, he was LITERALLY that over.

The coolest part of Obie's set was when he brought his 3 kids out on the stage, none of which could have been older than about 10. While he and Nate did "You Don't Know", Obie's son Kobe did a break dance routine to the whole song. That kid can fucking break dance too, for an 8 year old.

Em came back out and did about another 7 songs before ending.

All in all, a GREAT fucking concert. 2 hours of performance from Em is more than I expected. On the way out, Shady Records street team was handing out a "XXL Anger Management Special Magazine" which basically has just a bunch of promos and it did have a 20 track "Anger Management 3 Promontional CD", which includes excerpts from Shade 45 and G Unit radio, as well as about 5 never before heard freestyles from Eminem.

Again, all in all, a great concert and I will definately go see Em again.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Eminem does a good show.

I prefered the early tours to the last Anger Management Tour (2), which is why I won't be going to 3.
50 Cent is shit live. And doesn't know how to connect with the crowd. I'm not suprised you thought Banks and Buck were the best part. I saw G-Unit live just after Banks album dropped, and before Bucks did. The best part was the little set from Banks and Buck in the middle. When 50 started again, I left. Although I think I was the only 1 there who knew who Buck was. lol

DPG iz all I C

Pittsey said:
Eminem does a good show.

I prefered the early tours to the last Anger Management Tour (2), which is why I won't be going to 3.
50 Cent is shit live. And doesn't know how to connect with the crowd. I'm not suprised you thought Banks and Buck were the best part. I saw G-Unit live just after Banks album dropped, and before Bucks did. The best part was the little set from Banks and Buck in the middle. When 50 started again, I left. Although I think I was the only 1 there who knew who Buck was. lol
Yeah i dont like 50 in concert just doesnt come across right but Buck is great live, i loved seeing him.

DPG iz all I C said:
How do you know its his last American concert ?

he stated on the MTV special that even he doesnt know if he will tour again.
He also stated that he's going to come back under another name and "a new identity" when he does drop his next album.

He actually made a big deal about it, and it seemed geniuinely real last night. He thanked Detroit about 5 times and told them that he "promises, even though I'm killing Slim Shady, you guys are gonna like what happens next".

He also did say that he's going to take about 3 or 4 years off before he drops another album under his new name...so, I guess we can only wait and see.

Pittsey said:
Eminem does a good show.

See, I disgree on 50 working a crowd. I don't like him, but that crowd was behind him for 95% of his set. The only time they didn't pop for him, really, was when he started bragging bout his money, and dissing Game.

Other than that...I didn't like him becase...well...I don't like him. But, all the usual drunk ass motherfuckers who, as Em would say "only care about the fucking beat", were popping huge for 50.

50 also started taking his clothes off and throwing it into the crowd. He teased to take his shorts and boxers off "for the ladies", but never did.

I just thought it was ironic though how he started saying GAme dissing him makes him more money, but then, started dissing Game. Funny shit there.

I did forget one thing, because I was so fucked up. Eminem did a real nice tribute to 2pac and Biggie AND a tribute to old school rap.

He did a medeley that started with 2pac's "Keep ya Head Up", and then that drifted into "Big Poppa", and the 2 songs would just keep fading in and out of each other. Some KYHU, fade into BP, fade back into KYHU, fade back into BP and so forth.

He also performed the first verses and hook from Slick Rick's "La Di Da Di", which half the crowd actually didn't know what he was doing, then he did Biz's "You Got What I Need", which was SUPER OVER, then ended that with "Ain't Nuttin' But A G Thang", which was also SUPER OVER.

stefanwzyga

Pittsey said:
Eminem does a good show.

I saw G-Unit live just after Banks album dropped, and before Bucks did. The best part was the little set from Banks and Buck in the middle. When 50 started again, I left. Although I think I was the only 1 there who knew who Buck was. lol

Was that in the Uk? The reason i ask is cuz if you seen them just after banks album dropped, an just before bucks album dropped, that was last year, an i dont know about the rest of the uk but buck was'nt at the glasgow concert last year! He was here in 2003 though.

I think g unit put on a good show.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
stefanwzyga said:
Was that in the Uk? The reason i ask is cuz if you seen them just after banks album dropped, an just before bucks album dropped, that was last year, an i dont know about the rest of the uk but buck was'nt at the glasgow concert last year! He was here in 2003 though.

I think g unit put on a good show.

It was at Nottingham. A 1 off show. Can't remember the exact date. But was definately before Bucks album, and I'm pretty sure it was after Banks. Although was possibly before.

edit - It was on June 6th 2004.

XIAN

I like 50 but he's nuts when he has thousands screaming his name. Saying that money is like rubbing the money in peoples' faces. A lot of those kids are probably poor and he's up there like "I'm up to $24,000!"

But I'm glad it was good and Eminem may be retiring and all, but I doubt that was his last concert. Just like Jay's Madison Square was his last. Too bad Obie (who I also like) didn't do "Don't Come Down."

emceewhite said:
Then, he would keep reminding the crowd "now I'm up to $18,000 tonight". Then, "by the way, I've now made $24,000 tonight". He came off as being egotistical as fuck at that point.
Doesn't surprise me.

I like 50 but he's nuts when he has thousands screaming his name. Saying that money is like rubbing the money in peoples' faces. A lot of those kids are probably poor and he's up there like "I'm up to $24,000!"
You're completely right. I saw a thing on TV last week where they showed him backstage at some concert and he's talking like "these motherfuckers think I'm Elvis up in this motherfucker. For real, I could come to this one town and tour for 30 days and sell out every night."

And I agree on the money issue. Hell, you gotta worry about someone straight up jacking your wallet on the way in and out of Comerica Park alone.

But I'm glad it was good and Eminem may be retiring and all, but I doubt that was his last concert. Just like Jay's Madison Square was his last. Too bad Obie (who I also like) didn't do "Don't Come Down."
Yeah, "Don't Come Down" is another good one too. I'd have liked to have heard "We All Die One Day". Afterall, Em, 50, Obie and Banks were all there, so...

Also, Em isn't "retiring", he's giving it a break. He pretty much said last night in a serious tone that he's breaking for 3 or 4 years "until Hailie is a teenager" and then he's coming back under a new name.

So, since he said "until Hailie is a teenager", I would guess it may even be 5 or 6 years, because she's 10 now.

_carmi

me, myself & us
saw the one a new york, eminem does know how to rock a show. was also my first time i saw him on stage and he was great. anytime i'd go and see him again.

emceewhite said:
Well, I attended Em's USA ending concert tonight in Detroit. It's the first time I've ever seen him and I was really impressed. I've been to Kid Rock concerts before, and Rock only plays for about an hour or so. Eminem played for 2 straight hours tonight, and the overall concert lasted from 7pm-midnight.

Lil Jon's set was complete shit, and he proved in his 45 minute set tonight that, outside of producing, he's NOTHING MORE than a hype man.

50 and G Unit took the stage bout 8pm and played until about 930. I'm not a big fan of 50 either, but I have to admit, that guy knows how to work a crowd. The best part of his set was Banks performing "On Fire" and Buck doing "Shorty Wanna Ride". Young Buck was EXTREMELY OVER with the Detroit crowd. 50 performed most of his his hit songs, and I must say, Olivia is even 10 times more fine in person. While I think she comes off as smokin' hot on TV, TV actually doesn't do her justice. That woman knows how to fucking dance too.

The funniest part of 50's set, was when he dissed Game after he criticized Game for dissing him. Saying, "this nigga Game has a problem with ya boy 50. At all of his concerts, he's been telling his crowds to say "G U Not". Well, I just want to thank Game for promoting my name even more and making me more money. Then, in the ironic moment of the night, after 50 says Game makes him more money by dissing 50, 50 starts dissing Game for about 2 minutes, constantly repeating "Game can suck my dick" and aother various degrading remarks, before going into his first verse for Hate It Or Love It. Gotta love the irony there.

Also, 50 got real annoying when he started announcing that "the amount of money I'm getting paid for each show on this tour breaks down to me getting $3,000 for every 5 minutes I'm up here". Then, he would keep reminding the crowd "now I'm up to $18,000 tonight". Then, "by the way, I've now made $24,000 tonight". He came off as being egotistical as fuck at that point.

Eminem and proof hit the stage about 10:10 and played until exactly midnight. The video package that goes along with Em's set was exactly the same storyline that is in the Encore booklet. It came off very weird and eerie in the video. However, there were some good comedic times as well, and Em proves that he has really good comedic timing. Em came out, performed about 5 songs before Swifty McVeigh came out and that led to the rest of D12 coming out. D12 performed about 4 songs off D12 World, before Bizarre came out and did Rock Star. Then...Em came out again, played another 5 or 6 songs...went backsage, Obie came out and I was disappointed because I love Obie, I think he's very underrated, and he only did 2 songs, "Cheers" and he performed "You Don't Know" with Nate Dogg. When Nate Dogg came out, the crowd blew up as if you'd have thought 2pac came back from the grave, he was LITERALLY that over.

The coolest part of Obie's set was when he brought his 3 kids out on the stage, none of which could have been older than about 10. While he and Nate did "You Don't Know", Obie's son Kobe did a break dance routine to the whole song. That kid can fucking break dance too, for an 8 year old.

Em came back out and did about another 7 songs before ending.

All in all, a GREAT fucking concert. 2 hours of performance from Em is more than I expected. On the way out, Shady Records street team was handing out a "XXL Anger Management Special Magazine" which basically has just a bunch of promos and it did have a 20 track "Anger Management 3 Promontional CD", which includes excerpts from Shade 45 and G Unit radio, as well as about 5 never before heard freestyles from Eminem.

Again, all in all, a great concert and I will definately go see Em again.
Any chance of you uploading that "Anger Management 3 Promontional CD" here so we could take a listen? :thumb: :D

Lord_JackaL said:
Any chance of you uploading that "Anger Management 3 Promontional CD" here so we could take a listen? :thumb: :D
Nope...cuz nobody likes me in here...just ask roaches and Chronic.

There's a reason I mostly ghost these boards...the people here suck (at least the old ones). Think they own the world.

Butt Rubber

More arrogant than SicC
emceewhite said:
Nope...cuz nobody likes me in here...just ask roaches and Chronic.

There's a reason I mostly ghost these boards...the people here suck (at least the old ones). Think they own the world.

haha you'll probably wind up banned within a few days anyway

Chronic said:
haha I say we givee Jason 1 moree chancee beforee banning and making fun of him so quickly. He keeps coming back so he obviously gots love for this board in some ways, so wait till he makes a "stupid" comment b4 jumping all over him. Let's forget the old oppinions and give a new chance :thumb: :D

Butt Rubber

More arrogant than SicC
RapAlot89 said:
haha I say we givee Jason 1 moree chancee beforee banning and making fun of him so quickly. He keeps coming back so he obviously gots love for this board in some ways, so wait till he makes a "stupid" comment b4 jumping all over him. Let's forget the old oppinions and give a new chance :thumb: :D

he is a cause for comedy around here, something we need

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.