Eminem releases video to "I'm Gone"

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Eminem is back with a new video to coincide with the release of his greatest hits album. The video to "when I'm gone", features Eminem in a sombre mood and ready to tell his troubles to anyone prepared to listen.

According to MTV News, in his new video, Em addresses his recent stint in rehab for his dependency on sleep medication. The opening scene of the video is set in a large room that resembles a Narcotics Anonymous meeting, where adults are gathered around a man speaking at a podium. After the man gets his problems off his chest, he asks if anyone would like to share their story, that's when Em gets up and walks to the podium and says "My name is Marshall."

The rest of the video illustrates other lyrics from the track, including a description of his daughter, Hailie, trying to block the door to keep Eminem from leaving to go on tour.

The new video, which is scheduled to premiere on MTV's "TRL" this week, is the first single from Em's forthcoming greatest hits set, entitled Curtain Call.

Tracklisting has yet to be confirmed but expect it to contain his biggest hits from previous albums including "My Name Is", "Stan" and three new tracks, including "I'm Gone".

he even manages to cash in on his stint in rehab.

amazing. either he's really good or the intelligence level of music and hip-hop listeners is at an all time low. I'll take the latter.

once again, everything is about HIM HIM HIM HIM. All his lyrics are about HIS LIFE.

nothing about other people's/the world's problem

the most egotistical artist in history ladies and gentlemen.

-Z-

S. Fourteen

i dont understand the hate here. the song is good and the video goes along nicely.

maybe this song doesnt have the significance of lets say a song that tells a story of growing up in the hood but if you listen and used your head for something constructive instead of hating, maybe you'll find a meaning there and maybe the meaning speaks to others. i'm sure it doesnt speak to everyone but the fact that he's rapping about his life (or based on his life) makes it much more real. it's a good song.

Eminem cant catch a break even when he does something good. damn

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
DontGo2Sleep, do you think songs such as "Lose Yourself" and "Without Me" are just about him? Do you think "Mosh" is just about him? Come on now. But, let's be realistic here. Rappers use hip-hop to express their opinions and thoughts on certain things that affected them the most. In this case, since his debut, Eminem has been a work-aholic in the industry and he hasn't donated enough time to his daughter. After the Eminem Show and 8 mile, he was starting to grasp the effects of always being on the road and his daughter never having the chance to be with him enough. So, he writes a song about how that affected him. That's not ego, that's being a person with feeling.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.