Eminem or Joe Buddens' "Sing For The Moment"

Which version do yall think is better? I like Em's version alot.. One of the best songs off The Eminem Show... but Joe Buddens version is equally sick.. What do yall think? Heres a link just for JB's version since 99% of you have probaly heard Em's. The 2nd and 3rd verse's of JB's are phenomenal imo..

I would have made this a poll but I couldnt figure out how to do it :confused:

http://download.yousendit.com/8F75CED81776C35A

linx

Staff member
I prefer Budden's version. If you feel songs like that by Budden by the way, he has plenty of others that you would feel. Check out "Whatever It Takes", "So Long, Goodbye", "Dear Angie", "Get The Picture", "Stand Up Nucca", "Walk Wit Me", "When Thugs Cry" and there are others as well. Budden is just so ill to me because not only can he absolutely kill it lyrically (listen to "Dumb Out"), but he spits that real shit (like on the songs I mentioned) that people can relate to. Sorry to get off topic though.

its linx! said:
I prefer Budden's version. If you feel songs like that by Budden by the way, he has plenty of others that you would feel. Check out "Whatever It Takes", "So Long, Goodbye", "Dear Angie", "Get The Picture", "Stand Up Nucca", "Walk Wit Me", "When Thugs Cry" and there are others as well. Budden is just so ill to me because not only can he absolutely kill it lyrically (listen to "Dumb Out"), but he spits that real shit (like on the songs I mentioned) that people can relate to. Sorry to get off topic though.

Yea those are all great tracks.. Especially the "Whatever It Takes" remix by Clinton Sparks (I think the og version was over a Young Gunz beat).. His RIP song over Phil Collins "In The Air Tonight" is hot too... Hmmm... is it hotter then "Starin Thru My Rearview"? Wow.. thats somethin i really gotta think about since thats one of my fav. pac songs of all time.. JB kills shit.. Too bad mostly everyone thinks of "Pump It Up" when JB's mentioned.. :-/

Cant wait for Mood Musik 3

tHuG $TyLe

Staff member
its linx! said:
I'd put songs like "Stained" and "Through the wire" in that list also.

I prefer Buddens version, funnily enough i was talkin about this awhile back with some friends who couldn't choose which was better.

_carmi

me, myself & us
is that the joe version upped? i never heard it so i cant judge.

edit: i like more em's version. but buddens' version is real nice too.

I know I'll be told what a dick ryder I am here (big surprise :rolleyes: ), but an opinion was asked, so I'ma give it.

I'm sorry, this song is ok... but how it could even be compared to Em's, I don't know. Yeah... the lyrics are tight... but to me... it sounds like he doesn't comfortable with the beat till the third verse.

Whole first verse sounds like he's trying to catch up to the beat... then the whole second sounds like he's trying to SLOW DOWN to get more on beat... he doesn't sound at home on the beat until the last verse.

*shrugs* IMO... don't even ATTEMPT a song that well liked and known unless you KNOW you can do it just as good or better, and Buddens didn't.

A good example of killing a classic song is Em/50/Busta on Hail Mary 2003.. uhh... that was atrocious.. why did Em even try that?

linx

Staff member
ThUg $TyLe said:
I'd put songs like "Stained" and "Through the wire" in that list also.
Yup, definitely. I was just naming a few off the top of my head. But my best of budden cd has those 2 songs on it as well.

i prefer buddens, but that might be because i was used to Ems version when i heard it and comparatively is sounded fresh...

as for the other songs mentioned can anyone tell me where to get the In The Air Tonight mix hes done? I cant find it anywhere, does it have a specific name?

Also I cant find "through the wire" or "Get the picture"...

can anyone help me get them?

peace

L.O.G.O.S. said:
as for the other songs mentioned can anyone tell me where to get the In The Air Tonight mix hes done? I cant find it anywhere, does it have a specific name?
Its called "Rest In Peace". Here ya go.. I just put it on my myspace..

http://download.yousendit.com/7ADC7F3E3CEC588B

Hmm... Pac's track or JB's track over the "In The Air 2nite" beat? I really cant call it.. Both are my personal favorites and both deep as shit..

I think I know what you mean ^ , i'll always choose Pac because his shit is deeper on so many levels... but lol.. yeah i really know what you saying... Rest In Peace is SUCH a deep song.

Tru Principle said:
I think I know what you mean ^ , i'll always choose Pac because his shit is deeper on so many levels... but lol.. yeah i really know what you saying... Rest In Peace is SUCH a deep song.
Yea you know exactly what I mean. If I had to pick one I'd say Pac's version since I've listened to it probaly a thousand times (4real).. If Pac's version DIDNT have the hook that it has though, I'd probaly give it to JB.. But yea, its a tough/close call for me.

L.O.G.O.S. said:
thanks fatal, i appreciate the upload...do oyu know where i can get through the wire and get the picture?

thanks,

peace
I'm headin out in a few, but ill try to upload ya some tracks tonight or maybe tomorrow.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.