Eminem " He came he saw he won

aban said:
musical focus remained constant.
Eminem released his debut album, Infinite, in 1996. Desperate to be embraced by the Motor City's hip-hop scene, Eminem rapped in such a manner that he was accused of sounding like Nas and AZ.

"Infinite was me trying to figure out how I wanted my rap style to be, how I wanted to sound on the mic and present myself," he recalls. "It was a growing stage. I felt like Infinite was like a demo that just got pressed up."

After being thoroughly disappointed and hurt by the response Infinite received, Eminem began working on what would later become the Slim Shady EP -- a project he made for himself. Featuring several scathing lines about local music industry personalities as well as devious rants about life in general, the set quickly caught the ear of hip-hop's difficult-to-please underground.

"I had nothing to lose, but something to gain," Eminem says of that point in his life. "If I made an album for me and it was to my satisfaction, then I succeeded. If I didn't, then my producers were going to give up on the whole rap thing we were doing. I made some sh*t that I wanted to hear. The Slim Shady EP, I lashed out on everybody who talked sh*t about me."

By presenting himself as himself, Eminem and his career took off. Soon after giving the Rap Coalition's Wendy Day a copy of the Infinite album at a chance meeting, she helped the aspiring lyrical gymnast secure a spot at the Coalition’s 1997 Rap Olympics in Los Angeles, where he won second place in the freestyle competition. During the trip, Eminem and his manager, Paul Rosenberg, gave a few people from Interscope Records his demo and he made his major radio debut on the world famous Wake Up Show with Sway and Tech. Realizing that this was the opportunity of his lifetime, Eminem delivered a furious medley of lyrics that wowed his hosts and radio audience alike.

"I felt like it's my time to shine," Eminem says of that performance. "I have to rip this. At that time, I felt that it was a life or death situation."

Eminem would soon record the underground classic "5 Star Generals." This record helped establish him in Japan, New York and Los Angeles. It also helped him earn a spot on the inaugural Lyricist Lounge tour, which took him to stages from Philadelphia to Los Angeles.

Set to take the hip-hop world by storm with his unique lyrical approach and punishing production, Eminem and his The Slim Shady LP are sure to have listeners captivated.
"I do say things that I think will shock people," he says. "But I don't do things to shock people.I will be the next Tupac, but I don't know how long I'm going to be on this planet. So while I'm here, I might as well make the most of it."

LEGENDS LIVE FOREVER this is a bioagrofy on EMINEM
Ladies and gentlemen.....

Take a good look....

And remember this....

is...

SPAM

critikaldesignz said:
And he does it the way 2Pac did it. Not giving a crap about what the government and the authorities had to say.
Their motives were different though. Pac had a political agenda (at first, at least) and it was PAC HIMSELF who was controversial, not just his music... it was his music (a lot of 2Pacalypse Now), his videos (Trapped), his background (growing up around the Panthers), his conflicted personalities, his actions (shooting cops, getting shot), HIM.

With Eminem, he was not giving a fuck about what people had to say about him, but he was being offensive to get attention for himself, not necessarily for a greater issue. He had no agenda when he dropped Slim Shady LP and rapped about dumping Kim's corpse in the water or killing his classmates or whatever. He only started talking about political stuff later on in his career. He may have caught a case later on (was it gun possession?) but it wasn't even really that serious, he didn't shoot anybody and he didn't serve any real time. So his controversy was limited to just his music (and Kim, since she was slitting her wrists and shit, but that's on her).

DeeezNuuuts83 said:
Fuck, I just noticed that... why did you feel the need to reply to this old ass thread, critikal?
this thread was at the top of the forum, are you smoking crack?

who cares about the date, the issue is still the same.

critikaldesignz said:
this thread was at the top of the forum, are you smoking crack?

who cares about the date, the issue is still the same.
It was at the top of the forum after you dug it up and replied to it. The post right before yours is from January. Smartass.

DeeezNuuuts83 said:
It was at the top of the forum after you dug it up and replied to it. The post right before yours is from January. Smartass.
And people are still making "Is Tupac dead or alive" threads 10 years after the first thread was made. Deal with it. The discussion would still be the same if the thread started 1 day ago. Don't let a lousy thing like the date separate one's intelligent perspective from another's intelligent thread.

critikaldesignz said:
And people are still making "Is Tupac dead or alive" threads 10 years after the first thread was made. Deal with it. The discussion would still be the same if the thread started 1 day ago. Don't let a lousy thing like the date separate one's intelligent perspective from another's intelligent thread.
I agree.:thumb:

I wasn't gonna play the age card, but your insistence on doing awkward things like replying to a thread idle since January and pointlessly quoting yourself and agreeing with yourself is pretty childish and immature.

critikaldesignz said:
Why would I disagree with myself? Stick to the topic please, stop arguing about stupid things like date and quoting.
Of course you don't disagree with yourself, otherwise you wouldn't have made your post. That was perhaps the dumbest thing anyone could've said, and if you had refrained from doing senseless things like digging up old-ass threads and quoting yourself and agreeing with your own words, then maybe I wouldn't have to stray from the topic. Grow up.

And if you want to talk about the topic at hand, re-read my original post here, since it seems like you paid more attention to my comments about the thread being old rather than reply to my opinion on the matter:

http://www.streethop.com/forum/showthread.php?p=388142#post388142

he came.............

he saw............

he conquered ..........

from record sales to sold out concerts.

god bless you eminem, your battle at the end of 8 mile truly inspired me

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.