Eminem designs Nike Air Max for charity

Eminem will design a strictly limited edition of autographed Nike Air Max shoes which will be auctioned off for charity.

Sixty four pairs will be auctioned off starting August 31st. There will be eight different types available which encompass the history of the brand; from the Air Max ’87 to the Air Max 360. Proceeds will be equally split between ninemillion.org and the Marshal Mathers Foundation.

“If you told me ten years ago that I'd be designing this whole series of Air Max's, I never would have believed it," said Eminem. "It's one of the hottest lines that Nike ever produced, so I'm honoured to make my own contribution. My only problem was figuring out how to make the shoes different from stuff they've already done: Nike always has the dopest color combos."

"We're always looking for new ways to try to raise money and awareness for the foundation, so when Nike approached us we jumped at the chance. It made even more sense. Who wouldn't want to design their own line of Nikes? And to do it for charity makes it that much better."

Ninemillion.org is a charity operated by the UN in conjunction with Nike and Microsoft. Its global aim is to increase education and sports access to the refugee youth across the planet.

The Marshal Mathers Foundation is a non profit organisation which provides funds to charities working with troubled youngsters in South East Michigan.

eBay and NikeTown will host the auctions which commence August 31st and will run until October 3rd:

Aug. 31
NikeTown London
Air Max '87 1 pair
Air Max '90 1 pair

Sept.12
eBay
Air Max '87 7 pairs
Air Max '90 7 pairs

Sept. 16
NikeTown
Berlin
Air Max 180 1 pair
Air Max '93 1 pair

Sept. 19
eBay
Air Max 180 7 pairs
Air Max '93 7 pairs
Sept. 22
Nike Store, Paris
Air Max '95 1 pair
Air Max '97 1 pair

Sept. 26
eBay Air Max '95 7 pairs
Air Max '97 7 pairs

Sept. 28
NikeTown London
Air Max '03 1 pair
Air Max '06 1 pair

Oct. 3
eBay
Air Max '03 7 pairs
Air Max '06 7 pairs

man anything eminem makes is gay (especially the loyal to the game cd) and judgin by the shoes it just looks like he is slapping on a shady records logo and autographing the shoes... and typical black and grey... looks like crap. game has the best shoes of rap artists. jay z's are gay, g-units look like a mix between loafers and vans, im waiting on lil kim to come out wit some camo hi heels or somethin.

Your missing the point. They design shoes for profit he is doing it for charity.

And rappers don't design the shoes anyway they pay a designer.

hahaha nike and charity? Before they even think of trying to be socially responsible, they should start paying good money to their workers in third world countries. What a joke.

IversonPac said:
man anything eminem makes is gay (especially the loyal to the game cd) and judgin by the shoes it just looks like he is slapping on a shady records logo and autographing the shoes... and typical black and grey... looks like crap. game has the best shoes of rap artists. jay z's are gay, g-units look like a mix between loafers and vans, im waiting on lil kim to come out wit some camo hi heels or somethin.
Is it possible for any message to get posted without someone turning it into a chance to ride Game's jock. How in the hell does Eminem + charity + Nike Air Max = Time to jock Game some more.

S. Fourteen

ThUgPoUnD_RiDer said:
hahaha nike and charity? Before they even think of trying to be socially responsible, they should start paying good money to their workers in third world countries. What a joke.
Yet, you would be one the first to bitch if your shoes cost 5 times as much as you pay now. Right?

I think the story would be different if those workers in third world countries are forced to work at the factories. The fact is, both you and I use products that were built by workers who get paid below our standards.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.