Eminem best ever?

Is it safe to say that Eminem could be categorized in the best if not the best rapper to ever touch the mic.
Slimshady LP-you dont skip a song
Marshall Mathers LP-you sont skip a song
Eminem show-you dont skip a song

not to mention his freestyles which no1 can touch...

tHuG $TyLe

Staff member
But then you get Encore and to a lesser extent Relapse.

Is he the best ever? Not in my opinion but I think he had the potential to be.

Da_Funk

No, but he's up there, as in top 5 probably top 3. I know its played out, but to me Tupac is the best ever. No one, in any genre, can touch you the way Tupac does. The only song Em has made that really touches me is Sing for the Moment.

After Tupac, 2 through 5 could be anyone from quite a long list depending on how I feel that day.

Freedom Froggy

definately "NO"

obviously a lot would say he was i dont think hes one of the greatest altho he does have some good material (freestyles are dope as fucka nd some of the best)

but at the same time.. his lyrics are an aquired taste on certain songs and he goes out of his way to shock too much for me

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
It's hard to say. I think if one were to begin this debate, you'd have to categorize it as far as generations go. I wasn't "around" when LL was in his prime but I've heard/read that he was THAT dude for a long period of time. He was considered GOAT by many during his generation. Now we as a generation don't even put him into our top ten.

Also, you'd have to have a clear grasp on the criteria for best ever and have everybody debating agree on it. Like roaches points out, just because you don't skip a track on his albums doesn't mean he's the best.

kastro

Is it safe to say that Eminem could be categorized in the best if not the best rapper to ever touch the mic.
Slimshady LP-you dont skip a song
Marshall Mathers LP-you sont skip a song
Eminem show-you dont skip a song

not to mention his freestyles which no1 can touch...
all of those 3 albums i still do skip tracks , there tight as albums dont get me wrong but i wouldnt say everysingle one of his tracks on there are listenable, anyway yeah i u cant judge whos the best by not skipping anytracks. And sofi said its got to do more with generations, as ten years from now, who knows what there consider em to be

Euphanasia

yeah em is one of the best. however, his latest shit isn't all that great so it detracts from his status. and yet, when i think of my personal top five rap albums ever made:

1) me against the world
2) seven day theory
3) eminem show
4) marshall mathers lp
5) illmatic

Souljah Boy could be categorized as the best rapper ever... it all depends person to person really.

Personally I can never label a single rapper as the best rapper ever... If I was forced to rank rappers like that though, Eminem has a very slight chance of being in my top 10, top 20 probably

peace

kastro

i would deff include him in my top 10 though, as he is a good mc and he brought a diff style to rap and changed it quite a bit

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.