Elton John Wants To Make Hip-Hop Album

LOS ANGELES - Goodbye yellow brick road, hello hip hop.

Elton John tells Rolling Stone magazine that he wants to record a hip-hop album with Grammy-winning producer Dr. Dre.

"I want to work with Pharrell, Timbaland, Snoop, Kanye, Eminem and just see what happens," John says in the Sept. 7 issue. "It may be a disaster, it could be fantastic, but you don't know until you try."

The 59-year-old says he is a fan of Blackstreet's "No Diggity" and Tupac Shakur's "California Love."

"I want to bring my songs and melodies to hip-hop beats," John says. "I love these beats, but I have no idea how to get them."

John performed Eminem's song "Stan" with the rapper during the 2001 Grammy awards.

John's new album, "The Captain and the Kid," is due in September.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060825/ap_en_ot/people_elton_john

fuck he'll be paying BIG bucks to work with those artists... in terms of producers tho....Pharrell, Timbaland, Kanye, & Eminem would not be my frist choices if i had the money....

maybe kanye, but the others beats all sound like over-produced pop shit....i guess thats the sound he'd be going for tho... if i had that kind of money to throw around, id pick people like 9th wonder or nicolay, stoup, or ant....or Premo!...he can make anyone sound good!..looks at christinas album!

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.