El Da Sensei dropping solo album next month

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
The New Jersey rapper El Da Sensei, former member of the legendary Hip-Hop duo The Artifacts, is preparing his second solo album. El Da Sensei began his career as a part of The Artifacts with partner Tame-One. El Da Sensei released his independent solo debut album, Relax, Relate, Release in 2004.

Now El Da Sensei is back in the saddle, gearing up for the February 2006 release of his second solo album, The Unusual. The project was picked up by the world-renowned Fat Beats Records, and will bring a new edge to the New Jersey emcee that fans know and love. “I definitely didn’t want to come like the last album,” explains El. “I felt like Relax, Relate, Release was a little bit personal for everybody. With this album I just wanted to go back to basics and bring a certain kind of fire back to myself.”

The Unusual features guest spots from rap veterans O.C. on “Nothing To Lose” and Bootcamp Clik’s Sean Price on “No Matter”. Production is handled by a select group of respected beat crafters - Illmind, Jake One, Saukrates, DJ Revolution, K-Def and J Rawls. El’s mindset in recording The Unusual was one of growth and focus. “I wanted to make a sound between mainstream and underground that I can go to any club and perform,” he says. “If you don’t think about the whole spectrum of everybody, you’re only going to be in one count.”

At this phase of his already prolific career, El Da Sensei is proving he has not gone anywhere. He also seeks to satisfy his core audience and keep his character fresh with today’s times. “We merge with the mainstream to show them that artists like me still exist and can be relevant today. I’m not afraid to challenge myself and experiment. I’m thinking about the fans - they can expect me to let loose a little bit.”

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.