Ego Trip's White Rapper Show

Finale episode just ended where they picked the best white unknown rapper and it was between this Paul Wall looking cat named Shamrock from ATL and this dude reppin' the 'burbs named John Brown from Cali/NY.

I must say after all the lessons and history the show portrayed about Hip Hop I'm a little disappointed that MC Serch and the rest of the judges chose the cliche rapper from the South.

I personally feel that Shamrock didn't bring anything new to the table. Although John Brown wasn't extreemly talented either, I think he would have been the better choice.

The whole show Serch and Prince Paul would tell them to avoid the sterotypical aspects of Hip Hop like the blunts, bitches and 40's and yet they end up choosing the artist that reflects where Hip Hop is right now and that's in the South. I understand they chose Shamrock because it was the safe and probably "popular" vote for mainstream Southern Hip Hop, but John Brown's final song, although lacking in some areas, had a political, social, and cultural message that a lot of Hip Hop artist lack which is a major foundation of Hip Hop.

If anybody saw it, please add your two cents...

yo i didnt follow the whole show, but i saw a few before. i didnt like john brown nor did i think he could spit until i heard his song 'car wars'.... shit was actually pretty hot and real too.

linx

Staff member
The show is garbage, period. Fuck who won and fuck who came in second place. The funny part is I actually watched the show a good amount of times to see what would happen next. But I definitely wasn't interested in hearing any of them rap. The show made them look like fucking idiots. The whole idea of the show is stupid. Have a "Next Big Rapper" show, but why a white rapper show? It's like they're seperating rappers into catagorys white and other. If you're gonna have this kind of show, don't make what you're representing look like fucking garbage.

Remember what Diddy did? His shit made more sense. He wasn't out to make hip hop look bad and shit. Not to say there were a shitload of talented cats on his show either, but there were some atleast. On the white rapper show, the chick was probably the best.. heh. Diddy has Ness, who was the best by far in my opinion. The others weren't good to me, but there seemed like there were better people in the try-outs.

So yeah, they basically made it look like the white rappers on the show had to be certain things (ie gangsta) to be a successful rapper. What kind of message is that sending to people who actually have the talent and aren't complete idiots? Hopefully this show doesn't give a million other white people (or anyone for that matter) some kind of bullshit inspiration.

Euphanasia

yeah i watched every episode and from the first day i had my money on John Brown to win because he was clearly the most talented. I couldn't believe it last night when Shamrock won. I will admit that Shamrock did a very good job and one could probably say that he took round one over John Brown by a small margin. However, John Brown clearly toppled him with "Car Wars" in the final round. He didn't have a club song like Shamrock but his lyrical skills are much more advanced. Oh well. They'll both probably get album deals or something. I mean, if Persia can do it....:laugh:

PuffnScruff

lol did anyone else kind of walk away from the show thinking it was more about poking fun of white rappers and how corny some white rappers can be i.e. john brown, jus rhyme. lol i mean jus rhyme with his whole power to the people i'm sorry for what the white man did to your people image and john browns viva la revolution ghetto revival b.s. lol

i think this show kind of had a positive idea in mind at first but just snowballed into a big fat joke on white rappers. i mean just pay attention to the opening

i do admit, half way through the show, i kind of was thinking persia might take it

but i am glad shamrock won just because i would love to smack the shit out of john brown

^ yeah man i thought Persia was gonna be the clear cut winner too.

I have to admit, i watched almost every show. Its one of those guilty pleasures along with flavor flav and i love new york. They are all just entertaining cause the situations these people are put in are not normal.

It sucks that the winner is shamrock. because everytime someone asks him to freestyle he says that he doesnt and hes not that good at it.

There is no way in hell that these are the best white rappers they could find because the final 2 were the epitimy of cornyness.

i didnt get to see all of the season but john brown annoyed the fuck outta me and shoulda been kicked in the ass with all that bullshit he was on. i liked shamrock better. yeah i think that it was prolly safe to have a south rapper win but most of those dumb asses were smarter sounding than john brown whether his ass can rap or not

i watched the show. i didnt like any of the rappers except for the guy Sully who couldnt deal with the stress of always losing the challenges...he really wasnt half bad lyrically, kinda witty.

i thought john browne would win between him and shamrock, but like they said a million times on the final episode "lyrics dont matter anymore" its the truth and i think shamrock had the crowd going harder, and had a catchier hook. Dont get it wrong, i didnt think either were very good, ive seen white kids first hand that would destroy the shit outa those 2.

Yeah, they were not the best rappers period, but between Shamrock and John Brown I think John Brown better overall in everything.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.