Easy Mo Bee Speaks About Tupac, Pays Respect To Johnny “J”

Rahim

VIP Member
Staff member
In a recent interview with HipHopDX.com, Grammy-award winning record producer Easy Mo Bee spoke about his time working with the late Tupac Shakur.

Mo Bee had worked together with Tupac on several occasions in the mid 90’s, including on Tupac’s Me Against the World album effort, on the tracks “Old School” and “If I Die 2 Nite.”

When asked, what he thought of Tupac as an artist:

“I’ll be real honest with you; it wasn’t that I did that much coaching for him in the studio. Come on. Tupac? He was ready. He already knew what he wanted to do.”

“I don’t think I ever, in the studio, had to come back and tell him, ‘Could you do this over and do that over?’ The dude was just ready, man, all the time. I think, if anything, that helped bring a different something out of him, was my music, was my tracks because the texture of my music was a lot different from the people he worked with.”

Mo Bee also gave regards to the legendary Johnny Jackson (better known as Johnny “J”) who tragically died at LA County a few months ago.

“I want to give a special rest in peace to Johnny “J”, one of the producers that worked with him across the span of a lot of tracks that [Tupac] did.”

“There’s a difference from Johnny “J” and Easy Mo Bee. I think the stuff that I was doing with him just brought something different out of him. You’re right, on my tracks, he felt like he might have needed to be a little more lyrical than necessary [laughs]. That opening line [from ‘If I Die 2 Nite’], still to this day, I can’t remember it by heart, he got too many P’s in there for me. I gotta go back and see if I can remember it.”

In related news, Easy Mo Bee will be composing music for the upcoming Biggie biopic, Notorious.

The film is set for release early 2009.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.