East Coast artists

Da_Funk

Been listenin to Big L lately and im really likin his shit, can anyone recommend me some more dope east coast artists?

edit:: Mostly lookin for underground artistist since most of the east coast mainstream is garbage.

.. i'm assuming you're looking for older stuff?

Check out the rest of the crew Big L was down with, DITC (diggin' in the crates). They released a bunch of albums throughout the 90's , most of them better than Big L's. There are definitely a few under-appreciated gems in their catalogue, namely O.C.'s Word...Life, Diamond D's Stunts, Blunts and Hip Hop, Showbiz & AG's first couple and Lord Finesse's debut. Trust me, if you liked Big L's first, you will love these.

As far as non-DITC-related east coast hip hop, check out another heavy weight NY crew called the Boot Camp Clik. They released at aleast 3 great albums in the 90's.. Black Moon's Enta da Stage is one of the greatest albums of all time, and no doubt influenced guys like Mobb Deep + affiliates, Cormega, etc. The next two you may've heard of - Smif'N'Wessun's Dah Shinin' and Heltah Skeltah's Nocturnal.. both great albums. Another album that came out around the same time that is also a favorite of mine is OGC's Da Storm.

There's so much more.. i could really go on for hours, but if you check out all of those albums, you will've heard a big chunk of the best the east coast has to offer.

Little Skittle

Leech316 said:
big pun!
sorry for this noob question but is krs one east or west
if hes east check him out too

hes east...i think hes from bklyn

u need to hear cormega, masta ace, az, canibus, saigon, papoose, immortal technique and rakim

Sarr

Wishes he was on probation
Trust me, you'll LOVE these albums;

Mobb Deep - Infamous
Mobb Deep - Hell on Earth
Capone-N-Noreaga - The War Report
Capone-N-Noreaga - Reunion
Tragedy Khadafi - Against all odds
Tragedy Khadafi - Still reportin'
Mobb Deep - Murda Muzik
Prodigy - H.N.I.C.
Onyx - Evil Streetz
Onyx - shut em down
Cormega - The realness
Nas - It was written
Nas - illmatic
Wutang - 36 chambers
Big - life after death
wutang - forever
ODB - return to the 36 chambers
Raekwon - Cuban Linx
Heltah Skeltah - Magnum Force

whatever you do...get the Mobb deep ones, and the War Report by CNN

AmerikazMost said:
:eek: brooklyn?!

SOUTH BRONX, the SOUTH SOUTH BRONX
lol, I was about to quote that too

Canibus, Immortal Technique, KRS-One, Rakim, Cormega, Saigon, Papoose, Boot Camp Clik (They were on some Pac tracks, so you may actually recognize them).

Shit, East Coast underground is some of the best stuff out there. If you need more info, just do a google search or something or go to www.undergroundhiphop.com, they normally got alot of vinyls and CDs you can get that are mostly East Coast underground.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.