Early Terror Squad = Dope As Hell!

linx

Staff member
Yeah I said it, what? Does anyone feel me on this one? I am talking about the Terror Squad with Fat Joe, Big Pun, Cuban Link, Triple Seis, Armageaddon and Prospect. In my opinion, all good rappers. Now I know what some of you might be thinking ..Fat Joe, a good rapper? Yeah, he could definitely spit some dope shit. Big Pun was one of the best to do it in my opinion and I know nobody will argue with me on that one. As far as the other 4 go, they are all pretty dope rappers. Cuban Link is probably the best out of the 4, but that doesn't mean the others are alot worse or anything. Not at all!

A bunch of the songs they made together are just bangers. They spit some dope shit over some dope beats. When I really think about it, I think they were one of the best groups of the 90's. I'm sure some of you will laugh at me for it, but atleast listen to some of the songs they made together first. I mean it when I say they are all dope rappers. None of them stand out as really whack like Sheek does in the Lox, they are all dope and can spit with the others on the songs. You'd think someone like Pun would just kill them on every song, but they really keep up on a bunch of the songs spitting ill verses.

As far as Terror Squad's 2 albums, I wouldn't say they are great. Their newest one obviously isn't the same TS. Not even CLOSE. Their first one wasn't bad, but I wouldn't say it was great. It definitely had some bangers and it had a few songs that I didn't really like all that much. If you really wanna hear them kill it though, you wanna check out the songs below. :thumb:

Songs to check out:

Brave in the Heart (off Pun's "Endangered Species")
Feelin This (off "Terror Squad, The Album")
Glamour Life (off Pun's "Capital Punishment")
In For Life (off "Terror Squad, The Album")
Pass The Glock (off "Terror Squad, The Album")
Speed Of Light (Not Sure)
Terror Squadians (off Fat Joe's "Don Cartagena")
The Hidden Hand (off Fat Joe's "Don Cartagena")
Triplets (off Fat Joe's "Don Cartagena")
Triple Threat (off "Terror Squad, The Album")

What does everyone else think?

i feel you 110% on this one. the first TS album was fire it's a shame it didnt get more publicity. their latest one was pure garbage in my opinion. if you's haven't heard it already i suggest you check out Cuban Link's solo album "24 K". that shit is mad hot too...it never actually got released cause fat joe is a prick but his official release is coming sometime this summer entitled "Chain Reaction".

r.i.p. pun

linx

Staff member
Don't sleep people. Even if you disagree, tell me why. I'm on dialup, but do I really gotta upload all of those songs for people to fucking listen to them? :D Come on now.

i loved early terror squad when prospect and armageddon were at their finest. Its sad that fat joe never put at least a album from them out yet by now..

yup they were a real good group anyways shame it ended the way it did anyways kinda reminds me of the outlawz and when pac died how they kinda fell off sort like this ah well they were great back in the day imo.

Someone wanna clear up the whole Fat(ass) joe and Cuban Link problem with 24k not getting released. Cuz id really like to know.

And yeah TS was the shit , and Fat(ass) joe was decent back then ....... dunno wtf happened to him.

Joe and Link got into a fight to cut a long story short, and they severed ties...

My favourite song by the old TS was Thicker Than Blood, but i cant find it ANYWHERE....anyone have it?

As the world turns was nice, as well as all the others mentioned...

Armageddon was ill, but from what i know hes sticking to production from now on...

peace

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.