E-40 prepares to release new album

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
The platinum-selling Ambassador of the Bay, E-40, gears up for his 12th CD release, My Ghetto Report Card, in March 2006 by teaming up with BME head Lil’ Jon, who Executive Produced the CD, and Warner Bros. Records.

Joining forces with Lil’ Jon was a natural progression for E-40. “We met through Too Short in 1998. We immediately began working together from that point,” says E-40. .

“I produced “Rep Your City” for his album Grit and Grind and later put the song on one of my albums,” states Lil’ Jon.

“After my contract with Jive was up, we thought that we couldn’t loose by working together as a team,” says E-40. “There is a huge fan base for me in the South. In fact, Greg Street was influential in breaking my first major release in Atlanta in 1994, with 'Captain Save A Hoe'.”

A video for the disc’s first single, “Tell Me When,” was recently shot by Lil' Jon and director Bernard Gourley (Lyfe Jennings, Three 6 Mafia, Beanie Sigel). The video introduces the world to the Hyphy movement in the Bay.

"Hyphy music is like Crunk, but in a more up-tempo way,” explains E-40. “The culture is a way of life for Bay kids. We got the side shows, the muscle cars, we ghost ride the whip, we got the invisible driving, the music, the go dumb get stupid dances, we just actin' a fool expressing ourselves. You've got to see it to believe it."

A documentary of the Hyphy movement is being produced by Warner Bros. and will be added value with the sale of My Ghetto Report Card.

My Ghetto Report Card features production by Lil’ Jon, Kanye West, Rick Rock, E-40’s son Droop-e of the Pharmasuticles, mainstay Bosko, and Studio Tone with guest features by Lil’ Scrappy, Bohagon, Mike Jones, Juelz Santana, Turf Talk, B-Legit, The Federation, 8Ball, and UGK.

This was supposed to come out in October of last year. I'm definately not looking forward to this. E-40 has fell off with all this hyphy BS. He needs to go back to what he did in tha 90's.

BTW, is this a crunk album or a gay hyphy album?

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.