Duck Down Records Signs KRS-One, DJ Revolution

Rahim

VIP Member
Staff member
Duck Down Records continue to expand their roster. Following the signing of former Rawkus Records duo, Kidz In The Hall, the label has now picked up two hip-hop veterans -- KRS-One and DJ Revolution.

KRS-One has signed on to create a collaborative album with rapper Buckshot, which is expected to hit stores later this year, following the release of Buckshot's joint effort with 9th Wonder called The Formula.

"To say we are honored and humbled would be an understatement. Buck and I have known KRS since our early days in the game, back when we were recording at D&D Studios and he directly influenced the name of the label with his song 'Duck Down (Sucka MCs Duck),'" said Duck Down founder, Dru Ha. "... I know how much respect Buck has for KRS, so I can only imagine how this will elevate his game. It's old school to those that don't keep up with the current works and movements but to me, I would call it 'now school.'"

According to the label, three tracks have already been recorded with the two MCs, and so far, they say the chemistry between the two artists is very natural.

"This collaboration with KRS-One is going to be an album full of hip-hop conversation -- ranging from New World Order, to socially conscious topics such as unemployment, poverty, and politics," explained Buckshot. "At the same time, we will speak to the streets, as that is what I'm known to do. It's a dream to be able to work with KRS-One. Before I even began rapping that is who I checked for. I kept the Blue Print album on me at all times. That is all I listened to for an entire summer."

DJ Revolution, a producer and editor for the world famous Wake Up Show, is also the other addition to Duck Down. He is readying a new project as well, titled King Of The Deck.

"Despite today's DJs being 'psuedo-lebrities' and as big and trendy as ever, they are almost completely disconnected from hip-hop in the eyes of the general public," explained the DJ of the lost art of turntablism. "Through this record, I'll attempt to reconnect the DJ with hip-hop, re-introduce the DJ to those who forgot what we really do and re-define what is possible in recorded music for the DJ as an artist."

The label revealed that the DJ has already locked down appearances by the likes of Crooked I, Royce Da 5'9, Defari, Q-Bert, and the Dilated Peoples, among others.

Source: BallerStatus.com

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.