Dre and snoop "next episode" (the doggystyle leftover)

JeremyM said:
You never know, "G'z Up Hoz Down" finally surfaced on disc. I would love to see Death Row clean out the vaults.
That's different. The Next Episode didn't appear on ANY pressing. G'z Up Hoez Down appeared on the first prints of the album.

True, but wasn't the reason it was dropped due to sample clearances? That's why I kind of figured it would never get an official release again.

JeremyM said:
True, but wasn't the reason it was dropped due to sample clearances? That's why I kind of figured it would never get an official release again.
One rumour is that it didn't get a official release is because Warren G at the time was gunna use it on his first CD. I doubt it though.

I bought and still have the original cassette of Doggystyle. Though it says "The Next Episode" as the last song on the B side, it was not on the tape. The cassette version ends with "Pump, Pump". I have a shitty quality version of "The Next Episode" which I think is superior to the released version off of Chronic 2001. Don't really know why they decided to leave this song off of Doggystyle. It reminds me of "Nuthin but a g thang" with Dre and Snoop rapping back and forth.

Interesting stuff. I think the song is good, maybe this was the song that was dropped so that Warren G could use it, as the beat is the same as Runnin' With No Breaks. I prefer the Snoop/Dre version of course. I do like the 2001 version better myself though .

DontheMakaveli said:
I bought and still have the original cassette of Doggystyle. Though it says "The Next Episode" as the last song on the B side, it was not on the tape. The cassette version ends with "Pump, Pump". I have a shitty quality version of "The Next Episode" which I think is superior to the released version off of Chronic 2001. Don't really know why they decided to leave this song off of Doggystyle. It reminds me of "Nuthin but a g thang" with Dre and Snoop rapping back and forth.
Could you post the shitty quality version you have? I'd love to hear it.

Bank Robber said:
so can anyone actually provide a good quality version of this song or not?
NOPE. From what i've gathered from different forums, people been tryin to get this in cdq for the last 5-6 years. Probably the only person who got it is Suge I'm guessing. Somebody not to long ago played the leaked version for Snoop and that was his first time even hearing it since '93. Another dope joint wit Snoop and Dre is "Ho Hopper", which was on the early version of Chronic that magazine reviewers got. It's funny becuz in the version i got you can hear "Let Me Ride" come on at the end

Next Episode OG http://download.yousendit.com/2CD59A4F49405673

ho hopper http://download.yousendit.com/1BA0735452BD06EB

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.