Dr. Dre Hoping To 'Shock' On Next Album

It's been six years since hip-hop legend Dr. Dre's last studio album, and its planned follow-up, reportedly titled "Detox," seems no closer to completion. But one of his key collaborators tells Billboard.com Dre is continuing to work on new music and still plans to release another album, even if it takes several more years to do the job right.

"There will be another Dr. Dre solo album, without a doubt," says bassist Mike Elizondo, who began working with the artist on the 1999 album "Dr. Dre -- 2001" and has since been a fixture on Dre-produced recordings by Xzibit, Eminem and the Game.

"Dre has very high standards," Elizondo responded when asked what is taking so long. "He wants to shock the world and put something out that no one would have ever thought possible from a hip-hop artist. He's definitely going to take his time and make sure it's right, but there will be a collection of songs that will come out as a Dr. Dre solo album."

However, the timetable for finishing the album remains murky. Asked if Elizondo had played on any of the tracks to date, he replied, "We've been working. There's a team assembled and we'll definitely continue moving forward on that."

"Dr. Dre -- 2001" debuted at No. 2 on The Billboard 200 and has sold 7 million copies in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

http://www.billboard.com/bb/daily/article_...t_id=1001021862

--------------------------
I cant wait for the fucking album.

Little Skittle said:
its hard to believe that the time between chronic-chronic 2001 is the same amount of time thats passed between chronic 2001-detox
I know i'm gonna get a load of aggro for sayin this,but in my opinion, Chronic 2001 ain't a classic. Ok,it has classic beats,but not classic raps.... :D i think the first chronic is still pretty damn good tho :D

TheDarkAvenger said:
I know i'm gonna get a load of aggro for sayin this,but in my opinion, Chronic 2001 ain't a classic. Ok,it has classic beats,but not classic raps.... :D
Haha, blame it on Kurupt for his verse on Xxplosive, that ruined it :p

ARon

^^I'm pretty sure Dre doesn't need the money so he wont have a guest spot like 50 on it, he is int it to shock the world remember, he is making art.

ARon

kdogg said:
wtf man, pac made the greatest album of all time imo in 79(prolly 3) days, dre is ridiculous
Tupac didn't make the beats he just rhymed, people lay albums easily, jsut rhyme over this "hot" beat.

Tonio1986 said:
I just hope eminem wont appear on any song, or I cut my balls off.
Cut em off now then.

Like it or not theres a fuckload of people who want Em on the album... just cause you hate...

Think about it... its dre's last album...he wants it classic... em aint gonna drop no 13 year old teenie bullshit. it'll be fire for sure.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.