Dr. Dre Hopes To Drop Detox This Year, With Guest Spots From Lil Wayne, Nas, Jay-Z

Rahim

VIP Member
Staff member
"Everybody is going to love it," rapper / producer says of long-awaited album.

He told us to "look out for Detox" on The Game's "Higher" — he just didn't say it would be in another four years. On Wednesday (July 23), Dr. Dre revealed to the world that the long-awaited LP could drop this year.

"I'm just now — over the last couple of months — starting to feel that it's going to be right and it's something I can be proud of, and everybody is going to love it," Dr. Dre told USA Today. "In a perfect world, I'm shooting for a November or December release."

This is the most Dre has said about the project in years. Since the famed producer announced the LP's existence in his onetime proteges record, many people — including Bishop Lamont, Busta Rhymes and Jay-Z, as well as producers Warren G, Just Blaze, Hi-Tek and Scott Storch — have come forward with stories of being in the studio with the musical great.

"I'd describe it as the most advanced rap album musically and lyrically we'll probably ever have a chance to listen to," Storch told MTV News in 2004.

"The thing was that when Dre decided [to forget about] Detox, he was in his artist-molding mode," Game told us that same year about the first time Dre decided to push back the planned 2003 release date.

"He was feeling like he just got Eve and Bus, he was real focused on my project, he was on some unselfishness. Like, 'I'mma put Detox to the side; I ain't gonna do Detox.' Dre just fell back and wanted to work on his artists. After he got me out of the way, Busta's album is almost wrapped, Eve is working her album, Dre is feeling vibrant. Dre got his groove back, and he's ready to do the Detox."

Dre explained to USA Today that his perfectionist ways have definitely played a part in the project's holdup. "I just make the music feel the way I want it to feel, and I don't put it out until I'm totally happy with it," the 43-year-old said.

"We have an entirely new thing going with the drums that's incredible, and we're still developing that," Dre added. He also confirmed that Jay-Z, Lil Wayne and Nas are on the potential masterpiece. 50 Cent revealed to MTV News that he has made records for the project, and Snoop Dogg told Rolling Stone that he also completed tracks.

"That record is real, it's coming," Snoop Dogg told the magazine. "I was starting to doubt it myself, and then I went up in there and he played so much music for me it knocked my head off. ... I see what he got them waiting for. It's on and poppin'."

Source: MTV

W

westcoastin

it aint no westcoast niggaz on the album then fuck your album
long a waited bullshit
we want that westcoast shit
i wanna hear snoop and the rest of dpg of the motha fuckin album
fuck a lil wayne n dre track
lame
fuck detox we stay high n dont try to cover it up

M

ma-nigga-em

nigga

snoop dogg is on it and it says lil wanye is a potential artist so read it more carfully. it should b good. dre and eminem could drop their albums around the same time cool.

L

Lodi-Dodi

I just want to steal that mother fucker's instrumentals, so I can do my remixes without dre or any other whack ass fuck like lil wayne, busta, eminem, and snoop on 'em!

H

HipHOP

C'mon...

Your telling me Game won't be on the album? I dont know what legal shit is preventing that, but that is exactly whats wrong w/ the music industry... WHoever said it should be West Coast rappers is right on... look at Chronic 2001... fuckin classic

N

none

Come on

Dre if you have a right mind you will NOT put lil wayne on the album. He is a disgrace to the hip hop culture. Fuck the mainstream bullshit, get people on the album that are making the really hip hop now a days, not this commercialized piece of shit. Cant wait Dre, really anxious to hear the development of G funk. Also put the game and some more good west coast hip hop artists on there.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.