Dr.Dre Detox Album.......

PELLA said:
lets hope its better than Chronic 2001
It will DEFINITELY be better than 2001. Yes, it is classic, but since Dre has been pushing this album back, you know he's going to drop some unbelievable shit. In addition, he's actually improved as a producer since then, in my opinion. Plus he's got Scott Storch to help him out with beats (in addition to Mel-Man, if they still work together), and so many artists in his arsenal: Eminem (as long as he doesn't produce or rap about some bullshit like he does now), Game, Rakim, G-Unit (maybe), Snoop (he fell off, but it's inevitable for him to be on the album), Xzibit, DJ Quik, Knoc-Turn' Al, Mary J. Blige, Nate Dogg, Kurupt (maybe), the remaining members of N.W.A, Busta Rhymes... the list goes on and on. And you know that Dre will make 25+ songs for it and keep the best ones. And who knows, if Afeni is trying to get Dre to produce a song for the last Pac album (hopefully), maybe she'd be kind enough to send a Pac verse Dre's way or let him release Pac's verse from Blunt Tyme or whatever. We can only keep our fingers crossed.

PELLA said:
It will DEFINITELY be better than 2001. Yes, it is classic, but since Dre has been pushing this album back, you know he's going to drop some unbelievable shit. In addition, he's actually improved as a producer since then, in my opinion. Plus he's got Scott Storch to help him out with beats (in addition to Mel-Man, if they still work together), and so many artists in his arsenal: Eminem (as long as he doesn't produce or rap about some bullshit like he does now), Game, Rakim, G-Unit (maybe), Snoop (he fell off, but it's inevitable for him to be on the album), Xzibit, DJ Quik, Knoc-Turn' Al, Mary J. Blige, Nate Dogg, Kurupt (maybe), the remaining members of N.W.A, Busta Rhymes... the list goes on and on. And you know that Dre will make 25+ songs for it and keep the best ones. And who knows, if Afeni is trying to get Dre to produce a song for the last Pac album (hopefully), maybe she'd be kind enough to send a Pac verse Dre's way or let him release Pac's verse from Blunt Tyme or whatever. We can only keep our fingers crossed.

PELLA said:

he said hes not gunna be rappin bout blunts and lowriders on this record so i dunno if its gunna be better than the chronic albums.... its should be hot tho

I hope he released his album as a west coast album with west coast producer and with west coast rappers, not with gay-unit or busta rhymes or Rakim (even if I like Busta and Ra). I just wish he will have the same guest apparences as in 2001 with everybody from the left side.

I actually wouldn't want an album with 100% dre. I'd love it if he just made 20 great songs to show the power of aftermath.

I have this really bad feeling that it's not going to meet expectation tho. Just the way things have been going lately. Vgames arent meeting expectations (cough, halo 2), movies arent meeting expectations (cough, star wars 3), and cds arent meeting expectations (still recovering from encore and lttg)

Even if Detox sucks, everyone's still gonna call it a classic just outta respect. Every music website and magazine loves Aftermath and especially Dre. So he may be afraid that he makes a crappy LP and gets credit for a classic.

And yeah if there are a lot of East coast rappers that would suck. He should do like one song with 50 and Eminem and that's it.

~peace~

yak pac fatal said:
am i the only one that thinks chronic 2001 was overrated?
the chronic>>>>>>>>2001
:thumb: was a good album but people only say it's a classic because they where high as fuck listenin to it jus bobbin there head with the beatz and easy lyrics.good album though

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.