Dope Artists!

i would really appreciate if you guys give me some suggestions for some good artists
currently i listen to
pac, biggie, 4-tay, warren, snoop, dre, big l, black eye peas (yes i like funky stuff :)), xzibit, nwa, eazy etc

but id like to hear some new voices to freshen up my fav list :p

o yeah some of the artists i dont like or dont like listening to are
nelly, chingym, luda, master p, canibus, ruff ryders, lox, etc

any suggestions would be very appreciated and some thoughts on the artists would be great too
thanks a bunch guys :D

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
^^ Down boy ;)

I say check out the cliched "dope underground" artists such as Talib Kweli, Mos Def, Common, Immortal Technique, then try someone like C Rayz Walz. Take two doses a day, and get back to me.

Woodie - The Way You Feel, Late Nite Smobbin', If I Die Tonight, Filthy Hoes
Junebug Slim feat. NB Ridaz - Slow Jams
Body Head Bangers - Can't Be Touched
Cuban Link feat. Mya - Sugar Daddy
Jay Z - Died In Your Arms, (i don't like Jay Z but this song is aight)
3x Krazy - Kaviealstars, Keep It On The Real, Bad Boyz
Paul Wall feat. Big Pokey - Sittin' Side Ways
Paul Wall feat. Play-N-Skills, Fatal, Young Noble - Picture Me Rollin'
Lil Flip - Thinking Of U

lol I saw this on the qn5 forums...

Politics ( single)- Tonedeff
Dissapointed- Tonedeff
2004 rap up- PackFM
What-Session

You should check out Little Brother 4 info go 2 my thread:

http://2pacboard.com/forum/thread135524.html

I don't know if the yousendit link is still up if it doesnt lemme know and Ill send it to you if you are interested...

4 that what more agressive hip-hop you should check out non phixion....www.nonphixion.com and Immortal technique

well basically what I listed and what Rukas mentioned should be dope...enough oh well that's just my opinion you and others might not like it at all... :D

Rukas said:
^^ Down boy ;)

I say check out the cliched "dope underground" artists such as Talib Kweli, Mos Def, Common, Immortal Technique, then try someone like C Rayz Walz. Take two doses a day, and get back to me.

god, ummm...

rakim
public enemy
royce 5'9
common
mos def
krs-one
ghost face
cormega
canibus
shyheim
murs
chino xl
masta ace
talib kweli
little brother
atmosphere

The question is what type you are.

Underground: Tech9ne (underground king), C-murder (straight west),kokane, SpoonieG

Between Mainstream and Underground: Masta Ace (you will like many songs),
or Beanie Sigel

Mainstream: Check out The Game (the documentary), Lil wayne (the Carter), Nas (streets disciple)

Special Tip: Comptons most wanted with the album "Music to driveby" real Hood music (rare today)

or Snoop Doggs Soundtrack "murder was the case, which is mixed up with artists like dj quick, tha dogg pound, dre, cube, sam sneed, danny boy, jodeci, tray dee, be-rezell and more. This is the best Soundtrack ever!!

Jae Millz & Papoose. Great artists imo, both have some pretty good songs. I'd reccomend Papoose's "Alphabetical Slaughter" and "What The Fuck Is A Papoose?" alongside Millz' "Kiss of Death freestyle", "No, No, No", "Streetz Melting" and "History In The Making" with J.R. Writer & Grafh.

Tonio1986 said:
Mainstream: Check out The Game (the documentary), Lil wayne (the Carter), Nas (streets disciple)
How can you suggest 'Street's Disciple' as a starting point for Nas?

If you've never heard Illmatic then go directly to your nearest record store, buy it, go home, turn off the lights and lie back and enjoy a classic.

Also try out the Wu Tang, including the solos. That alone will keep you going for a long ass time.

roaches said:
The fact that you called the Black Eyed Peas funky makes me want to shoot you.
They are, stanley. They may not be The Roots but what they lack in terms of MC ability Will.I.Am makes up for with his top-notch production.

Rosco said:
How can you suggest 'Street's Disciple' as a starting point for Nas?

If you've never heard Illmatic then go directly to your nearest record store, buy it, go home, turn off the lights and lie back and enjoy a classic.

Also try out the Wu Tang, including the solos. That alone will keep you going for a long ass time.

Oooh yeah, I completely fucking forgot about the Wu & their solo projects. Ironman, Supreme Clientele, Only Built 4 Cuban Linx...I can't believe I forgot those. I'll go kill myself now.

HellRazor05 said:
how you can even put the lox and the whole ruff ryders in the same category as chingy and nelly is just insane. damn haters...
i never said i dislike chingy nelly lox and ruff ryders equally, i was just giving soem names of the artists i do not like listening to sorry for the misunderstanding :)

thanks for all the suggestions btw :)
a lotta of them ive heard of their works before(nas pun game daz kurupt etc) but a lot i havent :)
will check them out for sure especially lazarus, just read some stuff on his site, pretty insteresting :)

thanks again for the suggestions all you rock:)

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.