Doom..

7 Syns

It's no secret that for the biggest time I wasn't a Doom fan at all, I disliked his mediocore flow and nonsense rhymes. But then out of nowhere at a now forgotten time I began listening to The Mouse & The Mask 'Danger Doom' album. What proceeded was some serious head nodding and beat-a-long humming.

Can I say that I am now a converted fan? Probably not, one album isn't neccessarily going to change my entire view of an artist. But I can say that I have new found respect for Doom's style, that and Mouse is a hot producer.

I guess Ive now officially took my number ticket and am waiting in line for the Ghostface/Doom album.

peace.

It kinda surprises me that that album finally won you over though. I guess I regard it probably even lower than his last solo, and I warmed up to DangerMouse.

I mean it had a few good songs on it, but some (I thought) should have been throwaways. And how could they not release the original version of 'Sofa King'? It surely wasn't a sampling/copyright issue was it?

PuffnScruff

alot of people didnt like the dangerdoom album when it came out. i think its pretty decent. i still listen to it.

but i was like you. it took me a few years to come around on doom. but i got more into him after i found out he was part of kmd

Chronic

roaches said:
I still think Danger Mouse beats are mostly not good.

The only reason I came in this thread was to gloat, though.
Haha.

Sadly I agree on the beat part. Album has very little replay value for me cause of them.

"mediocore flow"

Take it back, sire!

7 Syns

Chronic said:
Haha.

Sadly I agree on the beat part. Album has very little replay value for me cause of them.

"mediocore flow"

Take it back, sire!
In Megatron voice 'NEEEVVVEEER'!.. I am enjoying his music more and more, it's a start though :cool: :thumb:. Like someone stated he isn't exactly an artist you can hear one song and go 'I like his style', well I guess you can. I'll gradually listen to his music more and more and then one day we'll be argueing over his best verse, song, lp.. etc.

peace.

7 Syns

roaches said:
I still think Danger Mouse beats are mostly not good.

The only reason I came in this thread was to gloat, though.
This might be me but I thought they were better then Madvilliany's instrumentals.(?) I like Mouse's style of production, sure some beats were 'eh' but I enjoyed it for the most part.

peace.

ARon

The album was decent, what I find crazy is the amount of promo this album is getting from Best Buy. Commercials, in store signs, newspaper and everything, it is weird kind of.

Chronic

Was an acquired taste for me as well.

Back when Operation: DOOMsday was re-released and roaches told me to check it out I wasn't feeling it much but after a couple of days it became one of my favorite albums.

He's got a shitload of albums coming up but mostly I'm waiting for the new KMD album Mental Illness. I'm confident it will be his second masterpiece.

Madvillainy > The Mouse and the Mask by far. Beat and lyrics-wise. Still love the drums on "Mince Meat" and "A.T.H.F." though.

i dunno i gave the dude a chance on MM food or whatever its called but my honest opinion it was crap

well at least the dickriding of mf doom went down lol this one forum i go to it's just like one big bandwagon one emcee after another

yayo

7 Syns said:
It's no secret that for the biggest time I wasn't a Doom fan at all, I disliked his mediocore flow and nonsense rhymes. But then out of nowhere at a now forgotten time I began listening to The Mouse & The Mask 'Danger Doom' album. What proceeded was some serious head nodding and beat-a-long humming.
I'm in the same boat as you. Haven't really paid him attention before, but that album was pretty sweet.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.