Donny Rizzo Interview

Ok, first off thanks for taking the time for the interview... tell us a little about yourself...

Donny Rizzo, the One Man Xtravaganza. Beat-Maker. Beat-Breaker. Rhyme-Wrecker.

Now I know you played a part in the putting together of Son Rize: Volume 1, tell us your thoughts on the mixtape itself?

Its aight. It didnt really turn out like was intended, but the overall tone, feel, and direction was not under my control. People dont overstand tho that we didnt have shit to make that record with. No masters, no studio accapellas, nothing. We were using old demo cassettes, video-tapes, and micro-cassette recordings. My peoples came through with some gems tho...Kastro (real big!!), my man Ays, Fatal, Stephen Makaveli, and Dante. Lemonade outta lemons, but it still wasnt what it should have been.

Word has got round that you were kicked out Tha Havenotz... is this true and why?

No. Why? havenots are not a rap group, but all peoples worldwide who are in this struggle against the insanity that is put upon us. I aint no big money dude, so I still have-not. If I hit that million dollar pick 6 at the track, then u could say Im kicked out, but I wouldnt mind that! As far as the musical collective that you refer to, I stepped off that situation on my own man. Too much mis-representation goin on there.

You produced some tracks for Candyman 187's up and coming album... I hear that now Candyman 187's album is pushed back, some say that it's because you are no longer part of Tha Havenotz and your parts of the album are being edited out... others say there's more to it - can you shed any light on this?

Are you talking about the album that was supposed to come out in summer 2005? I have no idea. I dont know what is goin on with that guys career. It must have taken a shit-load of editing tho.

Were you asked to produce or appear on Son Rize: Volume 2?

Dont know nothin about that. If u wanna hear new Kadafi, check for the Outlawz shit. Oh, and u can check the new D-Riz mixtape "Steel Reserve".

Can you tell us anything you know about Son Rize: Volume 2, any information we may have not been made aware of as of yet??

Probably not. But I wouldnt hold your breath waitin for it.

I've been checking the music that you have been making recently, noticed in the song 'myspace gangsters' its mentioned 'Pansyman' and 'You aint from no block man, you think your supported by Pac's fam'... amongst other things... i take this is all aimed towards 'Candyman 187'?

ahhh, the lyric you refer to is from my peoples Just Bizness. He got his own beef wit that guy. My main point on that song is for all these yung-stars who make a lil myspace page and swear they the new-milleny Scarface or somethin. cmon, are u serious? you on the internet. If so and so takes offense, hmm. But the 3rd verse, yeah thats specific. Alot of people been wantin to say alot of things about that guy. He's fucked alot of people over. do the math.

Ok, we are going to move on... whats your aim in the music industry? where do you hope to see yourself in the not to distant future?

I really gives a fuck about the music industry.

Any information on what projects are up next for Donny Rizzo?

Live and direct from Hell-A, The Steel Reserve mixtape is bout to drop, some bootlegs are already leaked out tho...Im doin a soundtrack for the movie "Pitbull". watch out, that flick gonna fuck a lot of heads up...got this live mixtape show wit my girl Laura Jane, its a dope ass show....also the Shitheads are coming.

Who or what are your inspirations in life?

God, my kids, Malcolm X, and Ronnie Lott.

Thanks again Donny Rizzo for taking the time out for this interview... it's appreciated, no doubt... if there is anything you would like to add then the time to do so is now...

Alot of people got this mis-concepted idea of what or who D-riz is. If you dont know me, and I mean KNOW me, dont believe what some dick-face posted on a web blog somewhere. Some people cant stand when my shine is brighter than theirs, and they do what they do. Fuck that. My history is deep.

Source: http://www.kadafilegacy.com

so he beefin with candyman 187, he kept reffering to him as that guy, am i wrong? info??????? wonder what happeded with all that, sounds like rizzo was all over his album but they aint gonna release it cause some shit went down

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.