Doctor's Advocate Review

Euphanasia

Okay, I picked up The Doctor's Advocate yesterday and it's a really good cd, but it doesn't top The Documentary. Here's my review:

1) Lookin at You - 4/5 good song, he sounds a lot like Dre here
2) Da Shit - 3/5 average song, nothing special
3) It's Okay (One Blood) 4.5/5 hot song
4) Compton 4/5 another hot song
5) Remedy 3/5 not a bad song, but sounds like it belongs on a mixtape
6) Let's Ride 4/5 sweet song
7) Too Much 4.5/5 I really like this track
8) Wouldn't Get Far 5/5 Awesome, gotta love Kanye
9) Scream On 'Em 2.5/5 this song would be good without the yelling
10)One Night 5/5 Probably the best song on the album
11) Doctor's Advocate 5/5 very insightful, deep track
12)Ol' English 5/5 Amazing track
13) California Vacation 4.5/5 Great Westcoast song, good guests
14) Bang 3/5 average track
15) Around the World 4.5/5 A nice, mellow song
16) Why You Hate the Game 5/5 Great song, Nas spits well

I give the entire album a 4/5

The 5 standout tracks alone make it worth copping

peace

word, got this album last night....still bumping it, whoever said this album wuz gunna succ needs 2 checc this album..might be the best album to come out in the mainstream this year

really liking this cd. doing know what mags have reviewd it yet but i see it getting as close to ranking classic as if can so definately a 4 outta 5 or even 4.5 outta 5

C-7

my review:
1) Lookin at You - 2/5
2) Da Shit - 5/5
3) It's Okay (One Blood) 3.5/5
4) Compton 3/5
5) Remedy 5/5
6) Let's Ride 2.5/5
7) Too Much 4/5
8) Wouldn't Get Far 5/5
9) Scream On 'Em 2/5
10)One Night 5/5
11) Doctor's Advocate 5/5
12)Ol' English 5/5
13) California Vacation 4.5/5
14) Bang 4/5
15) Around the World 5/5
16) Why You Hate the Game 5/5

Agree with most of OP's review except for You Wouldnt Get Far, good beat and good Kanye verse but the hook is absolutely awful, sounds like it should be on a mixtape song and you have to make up the hook in 30 seconds. Remedy and Da Shit surely couldnt have been the best songs he could have come up with for this album surely, cosidering all the songs he said he recorded for it. they're very average. It's probably the last album that i'll reasonably like where the whole topic of the album is practically the same bar a few tracks, "im tough, i'm gangsta, i'm kill you if you do this or that, i get loads of women etc etc etc etc" i think he used up all the interesting stuff to talk about on The Documentary (Hate It or Love It, Like Father Like Son, Start From Scratch, Dreams) there's a few tracks on this that are good but most is just repeating itself.

Another thing i think is missing from this album, besides Dre, i think is some Timbo production, he's on fire lately with everything he does and considering he had Put You On The Game on the last album, one of the best beats on The Documentary, Game could have done with some on this. It's a good album, but not as good as The Documentary, actually not even close. Strangely i think it's also missing some 50 hooks, Game can't really carry many good hooks by himself.

Has anyone noticed how really similiar the beat from "Da Shit" is to Xzibit's track "Cold World" off Weapons of Mass Destruction, besides the piano its almost the exact same beat.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.