do you think Rakim is scared to tarnish his legacy?

ill-matic

do you think that's responsible for the slow progress with his new album? i'm assuming that after this expected album he'll hang up the mic, and possibly he's stalling so much because he doesn't want to leave a bad taste in everyone's mouth once it drops - as in "Rakim's catalogue is great, but that last album of his was shit!"

i mean, what else could be the reason for the slow slow progress of this (long awaited) album?

PuffnScruff

there could be a number of reasons from copyright issues, getting samples cleared, more label issues, getting a distributor, funding issues, and the list goes on and on of what could be the reason from just a business side of the industry. getting one copyright for a song could take 6 months or more. they might want the final producted to be mastered by an engineer who needs to be booked 18 months in advance.

i really dont think it has anything to do with him not wanting to ruin his legacy. when albums get stalled for so long it is usually more on the fault of the business side than the artist, unless they are the kind of artist that more concerned with being wasted 24/7 and doing their best jim morrison impressions

7 Syns

roaches said:
But this is already true.
you know what, when the master first dropped I didn't think it was all that. but considering this is rakim's weak album, compared to many an album thats come out after wards, shits actually hot.

I mean it's basically rakim's weak album in the master > nas weak album in nastradamus and jay's weak album in vol. 2. I won't even go into kane etc.

on the question, i think he is just taking his time with it. it took 5 years for ra to drop the 18th letter after he finished don't sweat the technique with eric b.

peace.

We'll never know which one of the many reasons already listed we can attribute to the slow development of his album... Still though, I think it's a very good point and I've got no doubt that the legacy thought would be at the forefront of Ra's mind compared to something like sample clearance.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.