• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
I was writing on here earlier in a different thread and sort of touched on it. It got me thinking.

We all bitch about the state of hip-hop in the mainstream. And most people on this board are extreme anti-fans of 50 Cent and pretty much anyone who shares a label with him.

But when an album comes out that gets a lot of praise on this board. For example Common - BE. Do you support it. Because as far as I'm aware that album has yet to go Platinum. Why?

It's not like it didn't get enough press inches. It got XXL in XXL magazine and it got numerous mentions in every other hip-hop related magazine I picked up. It even got mentioned in the shitty tabloids in the UK and in GQ magazine. On here it was revered and there was a large thread about it. Although there was a download link. And that may have been the problem.

So my question to you is...

Do you support the artists who brings the music you like to the table? Or do you not care as long as you get a copy of the cd for free is that cool with you?

I know where I stand, but I'd prefer people to be honest. So no hating on people who don't buy the cd.

na i dont support the artist i like but i do plan on buying all of his CDs one day in the distant future.
i dont bitch about mainstream because it is what it is and i dont really listen or care for it anyway.
i dont really listen to new music. i got all my old stuff and im cool with it because its been there with me and im not going to ditch it for something new.

yea i do support the artist i like... i'll download some of the songs from the album just to quench my thirst... but once the album comes out, i go out and buy it... i say 95% of the cd's i own are originals... the other 5% are just burn copies of different type of music put together... i'm more into the underground stuff and some of their cd's are burned so that also goes into the 5%... that's just me... i support true hip hop and the artist who is bringing it to us...

peace...

i do buy albums once in a while, but i dont buy all the albums that deserve to be bought
i plan on purchasing them all one day a few years down the road when i have some spare cash for CDs

2pacs dead.

but i try getting everything that i can of his that is official as its released. iv still gota get all the albums from s4mn-uteot

Bigg Limn

Staff member
When I have the money to I support the artists I like. But when Im broke and just download shit [or cant find the CDs in stores], I still support them in a way by playin that shit everywhere I go and getting others to listen to it if they aint heard it [I got my ex in2 Lynch].

i used to but now that im older and have a hell of alot more things to pay for i dont buy albums as much as i prolly should, but like limn said im always tryin to get other people to check out the shit i like so in a way im supportin them, but not how theyd prolly like me 2 lol

ARon

I buy 2 or more albums every tuesday. But it is a big problem. People complain about people only making music for sales but then go and DL a good artists music who hardly makes any money off of it. And then ask why they make albums to sell, ie recent Talib, and Mos. When in fact they are part of the problem. Think of those underground emcees we all love, well cus they are underground. THey aren't making shit. Who her has bought an Immortal Tech album, or Mirror Music, who picked up the latest Quasi. DL'n is part of the problem we all complain about, always has been, since the beginning with bootleggers. "The internet is cool but it got the game corroded."

AmerikazMost

3 of my 4 favorite artists are 2Pac, Rakim, and Nas. I bought all of their albums (except Nas - The Lost Tapes). The fourth, KRS-One, I'm going to start working on. I support good music though. I've never listened to much of Common, but "Be" is a classic and worth the money, so I bought it. Minus the four aforementioned artists that stand out to me, I buy based on the album, not the artist. If I think it's great, i'll buy it. If I think it's good, I'll burn it.

Lok

I got my Bank Statment Account yesterday, and it says I spent $600 on CDs during the month of July...To be honest im shocked.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.