do you buy hip hop albums without even hearing the artsit before

dont know about most people. but sometimes when i got money i buy a couple of hip hop albums of an artist i havnt even heard of, or possibly heard there name float around, i just browse through the covers and the art on the album as well as the track names, if it looks creative i ususaly buy it., but its possibly the best way to buy music IMO, you just go in with a open mind and 99% of the times iv been blown away.

trust me, try it sometime, instead of just blindly following the masses by buyin anything realeased on aftermath.

Lok

95% of the time I hear the album first. There were a few occasions where I bought an album because of its cover or a tracklist that seemed promising.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Yeah all the time.
I buy quite a lot that get recommended on here that I haven't heard. The latest being the Sage Francis cd.

2Pax

I know it's really unfair way to judge an artist but I look at the front cover and is it's creative I usually buy it.

2Pax said:
I know it's really unfair way to judge an artist but I look at the front cover and is it's creative I usually buy it.
Yeah I do that too lol...

and tonio do you download shit off emule you dont know? cuz if so its the same thing ;)

i used to do it all the time, like twice a month give or take a little bit, but since i bought my computer a year ago i have only bought three albums at the store so no, not anymore.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.