DMX XXL Interview

Are you following the presidential race?
Not at all.

You’re not? You know there’s a Black guy running, Barack Obama and then there’s Hillary Clinton.
His name is Barack?!

Barack Obama, yeah.
Barack?!

Barack.
What the fu*k is a Barack?! Barack Obama. Where he from, Africa?

Yeah, his dad is from Kenya.
Barack Obama?

Yeah.
What the fu*k?! That ain’t no fu*kin’ name, yo. That ain’t that nigga’s name. You can’t be serious. Barack Obama. Get the fu*k outta here.

You’re telling me you haven’t heard about him before.
I ain’t really paying much attention.

I mean, it’s pretty big if a Black…
Wow, Barack! The nigga’s name is Barack. Barack? Nigga named Barack Obama. What the fu*k, man?! Is he serious? That ain’t his fu*kin’ name. Ima tell this nigga when I see him, “Stop that bullsh*t. Stop that bullsh*t” [laughs] “That ain’t your fu*kin’ name.” Your momma ain’t name you no damn Barack.

So you’re not following the race. You can’t vote right?
Nope.

Is that why you’re not following it?
No, because it’s just—it doesn’t matter. They’re gonna do what they’re gonna do. It doesn’t really make a difference. These are the last years.

But it would be pretty big if we had a first Black president. That would be huge.
I mean, I guess…. What, they gon’ give a dog a bone? There you go. Ooh, we have a Black president now. They should’ve done that sh*t a long time ago, we wouldn’t be in the fu*kin’ position we in now. With world war coming up right now. They done fu*ked this sh*t up then give it to the Black people, “Here you take it. Take my mess.”

Right, exactly.
It’s all a fu*kin’ setup. It’s all a setup. All fu*kin’ bullsh*t. All bullsh*t. I don’t give a fu*k about none of that.

We could have a female president also, Hillary Clinton.
I mean, either way it doesn’t matter. I don’t care. No one person is directly affected by which president, you know, so what does it matter.

Yeah, but the country is.
I guess. The president is a puppet anyway. The president don’t make no damn decisions.

The president…they don’t have that much authority basically?
Nah, never.

But Bush pretty much…
You think Bush is making fu*kin’ decisions?

He did, yeah, he fu*ked up the country.
He act like he making decisions. He could barely speak! He could barely fu*kin’ speak!
Can’t be serious. He ain’t making no damn decisions.

Well Barack has a good chance of winning so that might be something.
Good for him, good for him.

How’s your family and your kids?
They’re good. My son is rapping now.

Did he see you? I’m sure he was inspired by you.
Yeah, yeah. all that. Took him to shows and everything.

What does your wife Tashera think about him rapping?
She likes it. She’s the one who told me. She told me.

Did you talk to him? What do you tell him about the industry? Do you give him advice about the industry?
He knows it, he knows all that sh*t. Ah, man. I give him some advice.

What kind of advice do you give him? Like, watch out for, you know…
Advice about life, advice about girls, whatever a father would tell his son. Everything. Advice about everything. Everything. Advice about everything.

Do you think you’ve been a good father up ’til now?
[Pauses] I don’t know. I’ve done the best that I could.

I guess you never know, right?
They’re all well mannered. I hope I instilled something positive in ’em.

Would you ever do a second—like, your reality show again? ’Cause the first one did pretty well.
Yeah, I will.

After that Snoop had a show and Irv Gotti so it kind of kicked off the reality shows after you did it. Right?
Yeah I guess. Good for them. Everybody’s doing it big.

What do you think about Lil Wayne? People think he’s the hottest rapper.
He is nowhere near the hottest nothing right now. You can’t be serious.

Why do you say that? He’s on like every song.
He has to do that.

Is there anybody that you’re excited about? Are there any new rappers that you’re excited about?
No. No.

What was the last time you got excited about a new rapper? When was the last time that you really liked somebody that was coming out?
I don’t recall being excited about a new rapper ever.

Is it that bad?
No it’s not that bad. I just don’t, I’m real picky about what I fu*k with.

Right, you don’t really listen to other people?
Nah, not really.

All right, well is there anything else that I missed? Anything that you’re working on?
Working on life.

Working on life.
Yeah, working on life.

Are you happy right now?
I don’t wanna be happy.

Why not?
’Cause when you happy you get locked in sleep. You get sleepy happy. I always wanna be on point. I always wanna be aware.

Right, ’cause when you’re happy you think you’re safe and you don’t…
Yeah, you get sleepy happy.
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

The rest here

http://www.xxlmag.com/online/?p=20332

i was laughing out loud reading the first part... then i laughed some more after finding out it was a real interview

Maverick

i wish DMX would go back to his grimey style again.

when i heard the first couple albums i was real exited about DMX. some of the shit now isnt even listenable.

EDouble

Will suck off black men for a dime
DMX says about good shit how ever who ever interviewd him gave a bad fuckin interview in my opinion. He just kept drifting w/ the "questions & went next where ever he went next

lol, dmx aint lost his mind he's always been like this. I like that about dude, he says how he feels, and he really doesnt give a shit about much that doesnt directly effect him (heavily).

S. Fourteen

He said he doesn't pay attention to politics.
Some people believe that the elections are meaningless.
This is an interview in a magazine.
DMX is crazy to start with.

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
Heheh I know DMX personally; Ive toured with him, and thats just X. It's not that he's crazy, he really just doesnt give a fuck about anybody else and his life is his music. He doesnt listen to anybody else, he doesnt listen to radio, he doesnt watch TV, and his is a character.

He is a fellon, he can't vote so he doesnt care about the system, it just doesnt impact him. At least he doesnt pretend to know about things he doesnt know about and appear intelligent. X just doesnt give a fuck.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online