DMX vents on Jay-Z

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
DMX appeared Monday night on Funkmaster Flex’s Hot 97 show to vent his issues with Def Jam President Jay-Z and the show spun into the makings of a music war when Cam’ron called. DMX told Flex he felt Def Jam’s decline when he saw Island Def Jam Chairman LA Reid rocking "Chinese slippers with little gold beads on them."

"We in the middle of a hostile takeover," said Cam’ron when he phoned. "I already know your pain over there, brother." DMX responded: "I want to be a part of that hostile takeover! You be America. I'ma be England and we gonna take over - what's the name - Iran? Iraq?"

Citing problems with year old President Jay-Z DMX officially left Def Jam, where he released several platinum albums, for Sony Music Group in December. Cam’ron dissed Jay-Z this month and questioned the so called "God emcee’s" legacy via "Gotta Love It" and "Swagger Jacker." Cam'rOn held a press conference about the situation, appeared on "Miss Jones in the Morning" and made the cover of this month’s XXL magazine.

DMX’s sixth LP Here We Go Again is tentatively scheduled for an early summer release on Sony/Columbia Records. Cam'ron's fourth solo effort Killa Season is due in April.

EDouble

Will suck off black men for a dime
." DMX responded: "I want to be a part of that hostile takeover! You be America. I'ma be England and we gonna take over - what's the name - Iran? Iraq?" lol

Def just seem shady I'm glad x left it.

What went sour with their relationship...i remember on Money cash hoes dmx spit "dmx and my dogs bite, jigga my nigga rhyme all night"

and then jay spit...

But then on the jadakiss track dmx spits "i only gave the crown so i could shoot it off your fuckin head" at jay z..

what happened between them

AmerikazMost

CoolWaterz said:
What went sour with their relationship...i remember on Money cash hoes dmx spit "dmx and my dogs bite, jigga my nigga rhyme all night"

and then jay spit...

But then on the jadakiss track dmx spits "i only gave the crown so i could shoot it off your fuckin head" at jay z..

what happened between them
i think it's all business issues, but i could be wrong

Flipmo

VIP Member
Staff member
Jay-Z = President of Def Jam.

What happened with DMX and Def Jam? They fucked him over. Hence, DMX Vs. Jigga.

Cmon, just add 1 and 1 together.

DMX and Jay-Z have never been really close. They've battled before before both we're signed and that's really it.

This is not an attention thing. DMX has been going at Def Jam for a while now. I would do the same thing if I was him, Jay-Z or not.

FlipMo said:
Jay-Z = President of Def Jam.

What happened with DMX and Def Jam? They fucked him over. Hence, DMX Vs. Jigga.

Cmon, just add 1 and 1 together.

DMX and Jay-Z have never been really close. They've battled before before both we're signed and that's really it.

This is not an attention thing. DMX has been going at Def Jam for a while now. I would do the same thing if I was him, Jay-Z or not.
They did couple of tracks 2gether back in the days...

FlipMo said:
Hence the word, 'back in the days' like I said, never really close.
Hehe this was uneducated. Saaphire just adds an interesting, relevant fact, and here you are trying to argue that "never really close" is somehow the same as these two having "done tracks back in the day".

Flipmo

VIP Member
Staff member
I don't see why the reason why it's uneducated. You know damn well what I meant by 'never really close'. How many appearences can you see Jigga on a DMX album? Thank you.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.