DMX to release new album this year

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Fresh from a 2-month stint in jail, DMX said Friday that he'll release a new album, Here We Go Again, this summer.

The rapper, whose real name is Earl Simmons, was released Dec. 30 from New York's Rikers Island, where he served a 70-day sentence for pleading guilty to violating his parole following a 2004 incident in which he posed as an undercover federal agent and crashed his SUV through an airport security gate.

Simmons has now signed a three-album deal with Sony Urban Music/Columbia Records after dropping longtime label Def Jam.

"2006 is a new beginning for me, starting fresh with a new label and a new sound," he said in a statement. "I don't make music to make songs, I make music to record my life."

Rock

You've got to be serious, how long has it been now? first its suppose to come out last summer, then its pushed back to this past fall and now this summer? I don't even care anymore. He'll probably land his ass back in jail for possession of crack or something.

Rock said:
You've got to be serious, how long has it been now? first its suppose to come out last summer, then its pushed back to this past fall and now this summer? I don't even care anymore. He'll probably land his ass back in jail for possession of crack or something.

most likely

Maverick

dispite all of his material that has been released the last couple years i think DMX is a very talented rapper reguardless of what anybody says. i hope this turns out to be good. i think everyone could appreciate a bangin DMX album. i hope he takes it to the dark side again, living out his name instead of putting out albums like grand champ or whatever else happened after the year 2000.

pz.

Fuck it, let him take his time with this album. If it woulda came out last summer it woulda been too rushed. Now he's startin fresh with a new label and hes actually got some shit to talk about so maybe it'll be good. Looks like I'm gonna be buyin a lot of albums this year.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.