DMX sentenced to 70 days in jail

2Pax

Rap and hip hop artist DMX was sentenced to 70 days in the court hearing in Queens, New York last Friday. He will be spending his 70 day sentence on Rikers Island.

Criminal Court Judge Dorothy Chin-Brandt sentenced DMX to his 70 day sentence for violating probation and showing up late yesterday to his court hearing.

DMX a.k.a. Earl Simmons was facing a 60 day jail term and $1,000 fine after pleading guilty last month as well as violating the conditions of probation following the incident in June 2004 at Kennedy International Airport.

10 days was added to the sentence by the judge, saying the rapper's actions were disrespectful to the court.

The defense attorney for DMX asked the judge to give his client until 5 p.m. to show up, giving the excuse that he was late because an asthma attack brought on by stress.

DMX produced a doctors note today in court confirming that he was late yesterday because of the asthma attack.

"I'm still a person with kids at home and a wife," DMX told Judge Chin-Brandt. “I am sorry. I was sick. I apologize."

Simmons probation conditions from December 2004 included that he was to remain incident free and was to stay out of trouble for one year.

Police officials say he violated his terms when he was cited for speeding at 104 mph as well as an accident in the Bronx with two other vehicles, one of them was a police car which was not marked.

DMX has made driving headlines throughout the years.

In 2000 New York police look for the rapper after allegedly slamming his SUV into a car which was full of women. DMX allegedly left the scene after the accident.

In 2002 he was charged with various traffic violations in New York after spotting him drive recklessly with his SUV.

No Ur All Wrong Fuk Biggie Fuk Badboy As A Staff Record Label And As A Mother Fuckin Crew And If U Down Wit Bad Boy Fuk U Too Chino Xl Fuk U Too Mob Deep Fuk U Too Infact Mobb Deep Just Shut The Fuk Up U Trying To Ride 50's Dick Stop Ryding 50's Dick Game And Dmx Can Fuk U All Up 3 Times Up The Ass While Writing Lyrics And Fukin Ya Wives!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.