DMX reality TV show starts tonight

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
DMX appeared before reporters yesterday at the Television Critics Association Press Tour to promote his new reality show debuting on BET tonight: DMX: Soul of a Man at 9:30 p.m.

DMX’s six-part series will follow him as he relocates from the stress and grit of his New York hometown to the peaceful, open spaces of Carefree, Arizona. Cameras follow the rapper, whose real name is Earl Simmons, as he encounters life-changing events along the way.

"On Soul of a Man, DMX is more than a rapper, more than a movie star - he's a human being, with tragic flaws, amazing charisma, undeniable talent, humor, love and street toughness," said Reginald Hudlin, BET President of Entertainment. "If you don't know who DMX is, this series shows you why he's a star. If you're a DMX fan, this series shows you a side of the man you've never seen."

Among the footage captured for the series is DMX missing an important recording session for his new album while his producers call incessantly to check on his ETA. Cameras also show his wife Tashera, his road manager Ali, his personal manager Randy and his homeboy Peezy.

"Many networks have wanted to do a show with 'X', but he decided to go with us because we have been able to produce a show that exhibits who he really is," explains Tracey Edmonds, executive producer for Edmonds Entertainment. "One thing you'll notice immediately is how 'X' lets you completely into his world in a way that most artists won't. There is no vanity with him, no pretense, no self-editing; which in turn makes for a very entertaining, water cooler show that the viewers will appreciate."

The producers also had to edit all the car chases out as it looked more like The Fast & the Furious than a reality show about a man moving house ;)

Bigg Limn

Staff member
Damn I didnt know he was that close...thats only like 30mins from where I stay...hes in some nice ass houses though fasho

yupp Gobi is one of the directors...

i would recommend the show to any fan of dmx, its very personal... & interesting to see what goes on behind the records & the news headlines...he really needs to get his head together...& it seems he should probably give up drinkin (& any other drugs) cause he reacts badly too it...tho it could be the source for his music..i dont know, i've never been the biggest fan

if anyone wants it, just pm me

EDouble

Will suck off black men for a dime
Fonzy was the 1st episode include everybody rushin him tryin to get him to the courthouse? and then ends with him finishin his sentence @ rikers?

and do u know when the 2nd one is gonna air :confused: BET is shit in lettin people know

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.