DMX readies sequel to beast

Rapper and actor DMX has confirmed that he will be working on the sequel to the acclaimed hip-hop film Belly.

The sequel which is to be titled Beast, already has a star studded line up under its belt. “It's me, Nas and Hype, [Williams, director of urban films and music videos]. I go and get [Nas' character in Africa]," said DMX. "We start filming this year."

"We got a sick story and all that," DMX added. "We're starting this one off how the last one ended and pick it up from there."

Belly was a 1998 film focusing on two partners that take separate paths – Tommy (DMX) continues a criminal lifestyle whilst Sincere (Nas) takes a righteous straight and narrow direction.

It was the first feature film for Hype Williams, who collaborated with Nas on the screen play, as well as acting debut for DMX.

A release date has yet to be scheduled.

Casey

Staff member
Dude that article got it wrong.

'Belly' was the original film from 1998. And the new sequel must be called "Beast".

Bigg Limn

Staff member
Militant said:
Dude that article got it wrong.

'Belly' was the original film from 1998. And the new sequel must be called "Beast".
All thats wrong is the title, if U read the article it has accurate information.

PuffnScruff

i like belly, but there was no point to it. it seemed like there was some bigger plot to the movie that could never get across to the audience, as far as the whole plot to kill the minister and everything. not to mention the ending was dumb as fuck. nas saying he made it to africa and they do a panning scene of new york city. i mean wtf? they couldnt find some file footage of africa. this movie will most likely suck ass, nas is the worst rapper/actor.

PuffnScruff said:
i like belly, but there was no point to it. it seemed like there was some bigger plot to the movie that could never get across to the audience, as far as the whole plot to kill the minister and everything. not to mention the ending was dumb as fuck. nas saying he made it to africa and they do a panning scene of new york city. i mean wtf? they couldnt find some file footage of africa. this movie will most likely suck ass, nas is the worst rapper/actor.
The whole point of the movie is that two people on the wrong track take different paths and end up changing for the better.

I think the bigger plot that you are looking for is that no matter who you are or what you've done in the past, you can put that behind you. It's never too late for salvation.

You think Hype Williams couldn't find file footage of Africa? He's pretty talented. First off, finding file footage of Africa would make it corny as fuck. And I'm sure it wouldn't have the same effect.

Nas isn't a great actor, but did you catch the credits at the beginning of the movie? Nas cowrote the script. That's impressive. Plus it's not like his performance was awful.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.