DMX plans to change his name

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
DMX says he’s having second thoughts about his rap moniker and plans to change it to a less ominous title.

The rapper, whose real name is Earl Simmons, feels he may be attracting bad vibes with the DM portion of his handle, which stands for Dark Man. "I think I am going to have to change that soon for spiritual reasons," he says. "It's just the whole 'Dark Man' thing. If you look at it from a spiritual point of view, the Bible teaches us we can speak things into existence. And Dark Man may not be the best name for me."

No, i think it would have been better if he just left it da way it coz if he did, it would ruine his name & make things worse than they are. Stick 2 'DMX'.

THEV1LL4N

ppl kno him by the name dmx, if he changed it, its like a mojor cpmany, (say mcdonalds) completely changing their name, and a well known company/or rapper in this case becoming less known and recognised by their new name.

(their previous name was more popular and more known)

if u all get what i mean...

Sandeep14 said:
ppl kno him by the name dmx, if he changed it, its like a mojor cpmany, (say mcdonalds) completely changing their name, and a well known company/or rapper in this case becoming less known and recognised by their new name.

(their previous name was more popular and more known)

if u all get what i mean...

nah... wrong... does sum1 think puffy got less popular after his name change... because of it he got more publicity + every fan certainly knows dmx whether he calls him self x or å... and for new fans... the name certainly doesnt matter there

THEV1LL4N

Hönö said:
nah... wrong... does sum1 think puffy got less popular after his name change... because of it he got more publicity + every fan certainly knows dmx whether he calls him self x or å... and for new fans... the name certainly doesnt matter there
good point, i neva actually thought about new fans.
its just that some older fans would be like, "wheres dmx? whens he releasing his next single? havent heard from him in ages!"

that sort of thing.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.