DMX misses the top spot

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
DMX’s new album Year of the Dog ... Again entered the Billboard 200 album chart this week at No. 2, ending a streak of five No. 1 debuts for the artist.

The Sony Urban release sold 126,000 copies, not enough to dethrone the compilation album Now 22 at No. 1, but enough to claim the top spot on the Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums tally for a sixth time. However, this is the lowest opening week sales tally of DMX's career.

couldnt give less bout the spot its on.... why do fans care bout the numbers so much... does it make a fan harder if he can tell sum1 how his idol tops charts... lmao

in fact if it was at number 20 it'd be better....
he'd know he has to work harder next time then and that'd result a better album

EIB

Shit happens, the album was too inconsistant and the tracklisting was poorly done and un-even as hell, it could of been so much better if Wrong Or Right was dropped and so was I Run Shit, then re-arrange the tracks better and you got the best album of the year.

lol...
always gotta skip straight to number 6 when listening to the album
the first tracks are either played out a year ago or then they just suck

come thru
it's personal

sound like sum g unit kinda b-class rap tracks

xxx

Hönö said:
lol...
always gotta skip straight to number 6 when listening to the album
the first tracks are either played out a year ago or then they just suck

come thru
it's personal

sound like sum g unit kinda b-class rap tracks
couldnt agree more...

i dont think rearranging the tracks would matter. 11-15 for me are damn near flawless. Come thru sounds like they tried to hard to make a single. Its personal sounds like a leftover from ruff ryders volume one for Pete's sake. If it were me i would keep about 10-11 songs and replace the rest, and maybe make it longer...

EIB

Yup, 11-15 was classic, flawless DMX, those tracks are him at his best when nobody in hip hop can top him, and i mean nobody, shame he couldn't maintain that level for the whole album like his first 2.

EIB said:
Yup, 11-15 was classic, flawless DMX, those tracks are him at his best when nobody in hip hop can top him, and i mean nobody, shame he couldn't maintain that level for the whole album like his first 2.
:thumb:

eastcoast said:
dmx sucks who cares about what ever the hell he is doing and not doing. no one listens to his shit any more
All the people which checked his album and some cat named 'eastcoast' which answered to this thread ;)

EIB

eastcoast said:
dmx sucks who cares about what ever the hell he is doing and not doing. no one listens to his shit any more
Yes, good idea, go and insult one of the best artists you're name produced.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.