DMX leaves Def Jam

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
DMX, who has released five number 1 albums for the label, has left Def Jam.

Even though X is currently serving 70 days behind bars for driving with a suspended license, he has managed to ink a deal with Sony Music and his planned Def Jam release, Here We Go Now, has been put on hold by the label.

The Dark Man will begin work on a new album as soon as he is released.

As for the reason for the split, StreetHop.com has heard that X wasn't too happy with Jay Z being put in charge of Def Jam and this caused him to seek another deal.

so i guess i should say, thank goodness he didnt sign...not that he had an offer in the first place, but had his label decision been in limbo, i woulda feared G-unit would have been the choice....

despite being in jail, X still has some dignity....one of my favorite rappers to date, and looks like that'll continue to be the case..

I beat you to the story Rukas! lol...just playin. I didn't know about him not being happy about Jay-Z being in charge though. What's that all about? Aren't they supposed to be boys?

baross10 said:
he will keep making good shit! hey whats the deal with the whole ruff ryders click?whats happened with jada and DMX??
From what I've heard over the years, Jada and X were always cool wit eachother but they never really saw things eye to eye. I remember Sheek sayin somethin about how they used to get in arguments and shit. Ruff Ryders is still together, their just not makin as much noise as they were back in 98 ya know?

I dont know how close they are in recent years, but X and Jay used to be kinda rivals before they got signed. X even has a song which is suposed to be a diss towards Jay-Z, i dont remember the name right now but it had the lines which went something like "your the only nigga on the street with 3 felonies" and "why dont you quit rap for a while, go back to hustling". I wouldnt say it was exactly beef but they used to battle quite alot, can see why X wouldnt be comfortably under Jay running Def Jam.

i dont give a shit if d leaves def jam but all im sayin is that i dont want him leavin ruffryders cuz the ruff ryders aint shit with out d
who the hell came up with the topic that dmx was goin to join g-unit that shit better not be true cuz i hate g-unit like hell

eastcoast said:
aother thing, why the fuck is jay goin in and out of the rap business hes screwing with everyone one just stay in your place damn
Maybe he doesn't want 50, the person he made famous, to take his spot. Whatever, I hope Jay doesn't retire for good anytime soon. Every new joint he's been on has been fire so I got no complaints.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online