DMX Called Hot 97 and Said "Fuck Def Jam" Last Night

DMX called Hot 97's host Angie Martinez Show from Rikers Island last night and went the Fuck off.....First he deaded the G-Unit rumors..and said he wouldnt ever work for 50 cent.."Thats just not a Good Look for me"....
he then blasted Def Jam....gettin into his deep growl voice and
screaming "Fuck Def Jam"....he said L.A. Reid and the Def Jam people
are unloyal assholes. He said he gave L.A. Reid a hot album..and he didnt know what to do with it. He said they was to busy Promoting that "Pon de replay" bullshit. He said they put alot of money into that album and it still flopped. he Luaghed and said Memphis Bleek hasn;t went platinum if you add his whole career sales up togather. DMX is gangsta. DMX also said Redman was having simular problems with Def Jam because in his words..."they are unloyal assholes"

Let's just hope so but I'm not sure if he can bring back that dark and streetish sound back. You know it's now been 8 years but anything is possible. BTW he's right about Def Jam promoting the what pleases them and not the artists.

If you look at what Meth's Tical 0 was supposed to be (9 RZA produced tracks, all cut except for the intro) a straight classic to a real piece of garbage when we've been waiting so long for a classic album. But at least RZA and him are now producing that new album together so hopes are high.

As far as X goes, I just wish him the best and hope for him to bring back the heat like in '97 when he shook the whole rap game.

Peace

DMX has detoxed off that crack bein locked up, so obviously his thought process is way more clear & positive, but still real and harsh at times.

jbrolax

Jamil said:
DMX has detoxed off that crack bein locked up, so obviously his thought process is way more clear & positive, but still real and harsh at times.
Yeh but whose to say it was clear and positive when he was writing his classic shit....

X is right for once. i hope he comes back on some its dark and hell is hot shit... he's always been a solid MC, i never really complain bout him - i'm ready to hear something innovative from him.

Maverick

all i can say to this is that i miss DMX.... i fuckin loved its dark and hell is hot and still do... flesh of my flesh, blood of my blood was good also but every album after those two were lacking something.

pz.

Militant said:
DMX >>> Any other artist on Def Jam.
Ghostface>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DMX

Sorry man, imma have to disagree with you on that one. Dmx has become so played out and he lack originality. He said all that he had to say on his first 2 albums. Ghost is always working and always on the grind and has come out with 2 classic albums and 2 well put together albums, the classics are Ironman and Supreme Clientle and the other 2 are Pretty Toney and BulletProof Wallets. Ghost's flow is so much more potent though, i love how his voice is constantly changing on a song, i dont know how to explain it in words, but if you listent to ghost you know what im talking about.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.