DJ Shadow - Endtroducing, can I get some info for this 'classic'?

7 Syns

Ive never heard this album but back in 1996 it got alot of love from U.G. heads. Obviously it didn't make much noise because that was an infamous year where the charts were dominated by 'Pac & DeathRow, Bad Boy and The Fugee's. But alot of people call DJ Shadow's Endtroducing a classic. Here's a link to reviews, oh and by the way does anyone own a copy?

http://rateyourmusic.com/view_album_details/album_id_is_2612

peace.

roaches

It's instrumental hip-hop. A ridiculous amount of samples thrown together to create one album. I think it's boring as fuck, to be perfectly honest, but a lot of people like it. I've given up on trying to convince myself.

7 Syns said:
Ive never heard this album but back in 1996 it got alot of love from U.G. heads. Obviously it didn't make much noise because that was an infamous year where the charts were dominated by 'Pac & DeathRow, Bad Boy and The Fugee's. But alot of people call DJ Shadow's Endtroducing a classic. Here's a link to reviews, oh and by the way does anyone own a copy?

http://rateyourmusic.com/view_album_details/album_id_is_2612

peace.
I got it and I agree wit Roaches its kinda lame n highly over rated

7Datskat34 said:
I got it and I agree wit Roaches its kinda lame n highly over rated

Mabye you dont realize that he does all that shit live....Drum machines, sampling - everything...of course you're not going to appreciate it if you think hes just making beats in some studio...if you want to truly respect dj shadow watch one of his live battles...I have all of his CDs and yes endtroducing is a classic...ITs some shit that you put on and it just takes you back - you dont have to worry about a message or vocals - its ambient music for the soundtrack of our lives...If you do like endtroducing I suggest you check out Mad Blunted Jazz by DJ Cam - sick ass CD as well...

roaches

DJ Shadow may be dope live, but that doesn't change anyone's opinions about Endroducing, does it? I look at it as record clerk/critic music - made for people who listen to so much music that it takes things taken to extremes to keep them interested and excited.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.