Dj Rectangle, after almost 15years would anyone consider him a mixtape legend?

7 Syns

Ive been a huge fan of DJ Rectangle's blend mixtapes for a very long time now, Ive collected 10 mixtapes from his huge catergory and all of those 10 have been pure flames, the last one I copped was 'Pyro Technics' and he did an awesome job. You could pump it in your boombox at any party or ride and just zone to it.

With so many Dj's getting their due's in the mixtape game, most noticably and recently Dj Green Lantern and Whoo Kidd. And with already recognized legends what we all know of like Kay-Slay, FunkFlex, Clue and so-on. I kinda get a funny feeling knowing no-one really mentions Rectangle up there, but consistantly his got it on lock with a new tape almost every 2 or so months.

It's not really the fact his consistant with new tapes, they are always good. His scratches and blends are always dope, I see him as a better version of Dj Vlad who is also fairly consistant with his ..ish. Im not saying Rectangle is the standout of the whole pack, Im just saying dude's work is underrated and very overlooked.

Drop some opinion's on Rectangle's work if you're familiar with it and thought about who is your favorite mixtape Dj.

peace.

He's always been one of the very few mixtape DJ's i constantly look out for, along with DJ Green Lantern (although his last couple haven't been too good), more recently DJ Smallz with his Southern Smoke series (although his last one wasn't anywhere near as good as the 2 or 3 before it), and of course the veterans like DJ Jazzy Jeff or DJ Premier whenever they drop a mixtape.

Rectangle is dope, though. He always has plenty of nice blends and mixes, unlike a lot of the other DJ's who just play 20 songs they got given to them and occasionally scream their name. He also scratches and uses a lot of vocal samples. His tapes are also good to play at parties, 'cause it's usually just non-stop music, not skits and interludes and freestyles and shit.

I feel like listening to some Rectangle now, actually.

15 years, damnz.....never knew he was around for that long.
I remembered when i heard Faders of Fury, I was hooked, had to go and get all of his other stuff. His intro's are killers, so clever and outstanding....
I consider him a Legend and hope he keeps releasing more mixtapes.

DJ 2nd Nature and Vlad are pretty good, but we need more DJs that know how to blend, mix and produce successful mixtapes like Rectangle does.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.