DJ Quik & Suga Free

I have had this question in the back of my mind for a long ass time. I put DJ Quik's Trauma album back in my cd player and remembered that I had this question. Suga Free is not on the album at all and I heard DJ Quik on Power 106 one morning with Big Boy and he was saying he shook a lot of old friends, a message that is also rapped about in his album, but I was wondering if anything happened between DJ Quik and Suga Free. I think they have had a falling out, but I want to know if anybody knows anything about this. All replies are appreciated.
Peace

from dubcnn.com

Westcoast2k: What are the chances you will hook up with Suga Free again?

DJ Quik: Slim to none. Fuck Suga Free. Suga Free is a nobody. Suga Free is a drug addict. Fuck Suga Free.

Westcoast2k: You know, one thing I was wondering, on the "Trauma" mixtape you said about yourself that you looked like you hated women cause you were hangin with people like Suge Free. Was that true to a certain extend?

DJ Quik: If you hang around 9 angry people, Jay, you will be the 10th. If you hang around 9 stressed out people, you will be the 10th. You just association breathe a simulation. You end up becoming like the people that you surround yourself with. And I surrounded myself with some stupid negative people that I didn't know, because they put on a front in front of me because I'm DJ Quik. And then behind my back they go an do all these crazy things, these fucking illegal things. And it just got sickening, all the shit was coming back to me. And I caught him, I busted him doing some dumb shit. So I feel like I wasted my time. That's 2 or 3 years of my life, whatever time I spent doing his record. I could have been doing something productive with an artist that can sell fucking way more records than him. He can't even break fuckin 200.000 copies. He's a regional artist, he's stuck here on the West Coast and don't nobody give a fuck about him nowhere else, cause he fucking sucks. He's a talented guy, don't get me wrong. But his business is so fucked up and his mentality is so fucked up, and them drugs got him so twisted, that I can't do shit with him. Fuck him. If anything, Mausberg was a better rapper than him, and Mausberg is dead. Did they ever find Mausberg's killer? No.

On this new record I went through a whole lot of stuff. I put it to you like this, when I left Suga Free and them and I didn't wanna fuck with them anymore, they got so mad at me that they started blasting me and slandering my name, trying to ruin my credibility in the streets. And then they were threatening my kids, they were threatening to kill my children. So I'm threatening to fuck 'em all up. But I can't find them, cause they all ran, they all bitches. And that's that street shit, it's like unnecessary. That's that shit that starts beef and then somebody ends up dead and then nobody knows what happened. Well, if anything happens to me, I'm letting y'all know that I hate them niggas. And I know you ain't supposed to hate nobody, but I hate them for what they tried to do to me. Cause I loved them niggas from my hearth, and I tried to help, and they didn't do nothing but rob me and steal from me and lie on me. So how could you trust that fucking crackhead, how could you trust a fucking drug addict? I have no respect for none of them.

"That was originally Dr. Dre's beat, I did that beat for Dre. And he [Suga Free] stole the shit and went and sold it for fucking $2500 or some shit like that. And he lied and said he produced it. See that's scandalous. Thats the kind of shit that makes you wanna cut a motherfuckers hands off. That's just scandalous." — DJ Quik

Westcoast2k: When you say people stole from you, are you talking about the beat you did that Suga Free sold to 4-Tay? ["If It Wasn't For You"]

DJ Quik: Yeah, that was originally Dr. Dre's beat, I did that beat for Dre. And he [Suga Free] stole the shit and went and sold it for fucking $2500 or some shit like that. And he lied and said he produced it. See that's scandalous. Thats the kind of shit that makes you wanna cut a motherfuckers hands off. That's just scandalous. You know, I let it all go, but when I think about it....Jay, that shit right there, you wanna talk about me being mad. Wouldn't that shit make you mad? Honestly. Could you just have that shit done to you and be like 'Oh it's nothing, it's ok'? And that's why I was angry about that shit. But now, I don't have a reason to be angry. I mean, my life is plush, it's pleasant, my house is beautiful, my apartment is beautiful, my other crib is beautiful, my cars are beautiful, I'm not stressin', I ain't drinking myself to death, I'm not crashing, I ain't even riding motorcycles anymore! Because I have to find a place to hide all this fucking money that "Trauma" is about to make.

The funny thing is, a few months ago, Quik went on KDAY and pretty much apoligized to Free. Then, the 2nd or third night of his Live @ the House of Blues performances, somebody put a call into Black Tone, and Free ended up showing up and doing a few songs w/ Quik onstage. I wish I could've been there.

That song "New Thangz" off Free's new record, was rumored to be a diss to Quik, but Free said in a video interview on WestCoastRydaz, that it wasn't. Confusing as all-hell, because he just put a new "Features" record out, and on one or two of the vocal skits, he's pretty much going at Quik, "I'm doing this without him, I don't need DJ Quik, forget Quik", and all that. He sounded drunk, though, so who the hell knows.

Ironic thing I just noticed, put the last part of both of their names together (Suga Free, DJ Quik), and what do you get???

FREE QUIK...Pretty fitting, considering where Quik is currently residing...

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.