DJ Quik & Kurupt - BlacQKout [new album dropping June 9th]

Casey

Staff member

I'm really looking forward to this album. I love Quik and Kurupt, together this album should be heat.

I think this is the first single. It's bangin.

[YOUTUBE]qU2Jfg5_5w0[/YOUTUBE]

And here's the second single.

[youtube]h190oKUSHk8[/youtube]

and here's another track I found.

[youtube]oPOhGt7J4FM[/youtube]

All sounds hella dope to me.

DarkPhantom13

Staff member
Not feeling any of the tracks. The first video has them all wearing "We The West" shirts.....BUT THE SONG DOESN'T EVEN SOUND WESTCOAST!!!.

masta247

Staff member
Thanks, it's nice to hear something new from Kurupt.
I don't really like those first 2 tracks. The first one is too simple, I don't 'dig' the second one too. The third track is okay though.
Doesn't sound to be as good as "J Wells & Kurupt" but there're definately some tracks I'll enjoy.

Casey

Staff member
The first video has them all wearing "We The West" shirts.....BUT THE SONG DOESN'T EVEN SOUND WESTCOAST!!!.

Well they are the west so they are perfectly entitled to claim it.

I'm not one of these people that feels music from a certain area has to stick to its predetermined sound.

I mean, a large percentage of what it considered "the Westcoast sound" comes from George Clinton Parliament-Funkadelic samples (George was raised in New Jersey) and Zapp & Roger samples (straight outta Ohio!!!).

What else.......Moog keyboards (Dr Robert Moog was from NYC)......I could go on.

Casey

Staff member
The more I listen to "9 x Outta 10" the more I love it. It's fucking tight.

There's a higher quality version of it here:

DJ Quik & Kurupt - 9x's Outta 10 - Jee Juh Forum

Also there is another track on the album that came out a while back called "Fuck Yall" which is a diss to AMG, Hi-C and 2nd II None. Shit is tight.

I'm amped for this album. This might be the first hip-hop CD I actually buy this year, and the 2nd album overall. (Obviously Prince's Lotusflow3r/MPLSoUND was the first).

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.