DJ Quik gets jail time

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Compton rapper DJ Quik surrendered to authorities in Fontana, Calif. last week to begin serving a five month jail sentence for assaulting his sister.

In 2003, Quik, whose real name is David Marvin Blake, pulled a gun on his sibling while in the midst of a family argument. Last year, he plead guilty to the assault and was ordered to spend 45 days in jail on weekends, but the artist failed to show up at all. That’s called a violation probation.

As a result, Judge Keith Davis on June 22 increased his jail time to 150 consecutive days and ordered him to begin serving his time immediately.

As he sits behind bars, the streets are flooded with new Quik product, including the 20-track album Greatest Hits Live at the House of Blues, recorded in February 2006, and an appearance on the west coast remix of Chamillionaire's No. 1 hit, "Ridin' Dirty."

cookies said:
^^ true, dunno whats going on. i guess that means he wont be producin for tupacs upcoming album
i think he already finished some tracks and they´ll be on the album...
or will punk daddy get the chance....:laugh:

SiGh

Who's there?
Staff member
If theres any huge fans here of him..

If you'd like to send letters of support
then heres the address:

David M. Blake
9500 Etiwanda Ave.
Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91739

if you send a book, it has to be sent directly from the bookstore in paperback..
...you personally cannot send it

This is killing me, Quik was always the (kinda) levelheaded rapper/producer. In love with the music, everything else can just fuck off-type of guy, locked up for whoopin' on his crazy-ass sister (was it Jackie? I heard he got into it w/ Jackie, dude has quite a few sisters). I just saw him @ The Showbox in Seattle the 6th of June. Great show, and I consider myself VERY fortunate to see him before he got locked up, because who knows when he'll do a show again. A LOT of shit can happen in five months.

Bad-as-hell omen though. I just got a case hanging over my head, too, not a DV, but kinda in the same area as Quik, isn't it ironic?

Don't ya think?

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.